Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 1020 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Here in So Cal we are all nuts. Stay home, no groups, no visitors, 6 feet distance. Just about everything is closed so how do I mod my JK while I am hold up at home.
Order the parts, work in your garage. I have a few mods sitting in my garage waiting for me to get to them.

Keep us posted. Very sorry to see this but we will all probably have the same thing soon.

Mods. Please do not move this thread. We need to know where it is and get back here easily.

·
Super Moderator
10,657 Posts
This is our fearless leader... how does this image help soothe the soul?

Is this true? 56%....

Over an 8 week period? Could be. We all are suppose to get it within a year.

If we assume that the rate of infection is greatest during the first 45 days, it seems to make sense.

·
Super Moderator
10,657 Posts
A fellow member on a Chrysler forum who works on the east coast posted this tonight:

Can we just stop with all the back and forth with the political nonsense? I'm on the front lines here, my colleagues have been exposed and are now on quarantine and several are now positive...I may be shortly. We don't have critical supplies that we need NOW, nor do we have enough test kits that we needed NOW as well. I hear healthcare workers and providers all across the country saying the same things. I'm beyond tired of all of this bickering, from people who's only knowledge of what is actually going on is what they hear on tv from the news source of their choice and clearly have no frigging clue what the heck they are talking about. You can present all the damn facts you want, and people still only hear what they want to.

Whatever, I'm out.

·
Premium Member
10,155 Posts
A fellow member on a Chrysler forum who works on the east coast posted this tonight:

Can we just stop with all the back and forth with the political nonsense? I'm on the front lines here, my colleagues have been exposed and are now on quarantine and several are now positive...I may be shortly. We don't have critical supplies that we need NOW, nor do we have enough test kits that we needed NOW as well. I hear healthcare workers and providers all across the country saying the same things. I'm beyond tired of all of this bickering, from people who's only knowledge of what is actually going on is what they hear on tv from the news source of their choice and clearly have no frigging clue what the heck they are talking about. You can present all the damn facts you want, and people still only hear what they want to.

Whatever, I'm out.
I dunno Aldo...

Regarding the test not being available.. perhaps Zenman can shed some light on the subject, he's in and out of the diagnostics labs. I questioned the government claims about the availability of millions of kits for massive testing and diagnosing this virus...

But I'm at a loss...

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
This is our fearless leader... how does this image help soothe the soul?

Is this true? 56%....
Seems very implausible there could be 22 million cases in CA when there were 81,000 cases in 2 1/2 months in China and the virus is nearly reached a standstill there. Something doesn’t add with the Newsomian statistics. And, not really helpful to the citizens to pull these numbers out of thin air with no explanation or reasonable basis for their calculation.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
I dunno Aldo...

Regarding the test not being available.. perhaps Zenman can shed some light on the subject, he's in and out of the diagnostics labs. I questioned the government claims about the availability of millions of kits for massive testing and diagnosing this virus...

But I'm at a loss...

M998 - I wish I could, but I’m in the hematology business, which is a very different world that the kind of testing that is required for Covid-19.

It’s not the lab side that is lacking; there are now multiple diagnostic companies that can run the tests on their analyzers, but the issue is test kits for the public. Without those test kits the samples can’t be collected to get to the labs.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Seems very implausible there could be 22 million cases in CA when there were 81,000 cases in 2 1/2 months in China and the virus is nearly reached a standstill there. Something doesn’t add with the Newsomian statistics. And, not really helpful to the citizens to pull these numbers out of thin air with no explanation or reasonable basis for their calculation.
I agree but Gavin said it with all the power of the Governor that he is. But They are converting the LA County fairplex buildings to China virus hospital tonight. I have not seen any friends for almost a week now and it's just the beginning. My summer vacation, and everybody else is canceled. You say this is really no big thing, you stay away from my property. If I am wrong, I overreacted. If you are wrong you are a statistic. I am secure in my eternal home but I am in no hurry to get there.

Will China be held accountable and pay a price,,,,,,,, no comment.

·
Super Moderator
10,657 Posts
Indeed. Social distancing carries an emotional cost.

My dad and two brothers live only 35 miles away, but across the US-Canada border. My dad will be 90 later this year. He is in good health overall. He still drives, and lives with my middle brother and sister-in-law. We see each other at least once a week. But we haven’t seen each other for two weeks now for obvious reasons. My brother and sister-in-law got dad on FaceTime yesterday. That was nice.

My sister-in-law’s own mom is 92; she moved into assisted living a couple years ago. The entire senior community is now under lockdown because they are so vulnerable to this thing. Anyway, she got a cold, so she got locked up in her own room for everyone’s protection. I can only imagine what that must be like.

·
Super Moderator
10,657 Posts
BTW, I think everyone agrees now that the number of identified cases is only a fraction of people infected.

Most people are getting tested at the first sign of a symptom. But coronavirus has a gestation period between 2 days to 2 weeks, often times without any symptoms. So conceivably there are many more infected people than identified cases.

The stats we see every day are only for the identified cases. Gov. Newsom is referring to number of infected people.

Some infected people may only get mild symptoms or no symptoms at all, but they can still transmit the infection onto others. That’s the reason for imposing social distancing on everyone.

·
Super Moderator
62,805 Posts
As an ER employee, I would be willing to bet most everyone has already been exposed to the Chinese virus. Think about just these two things people touch.....a debit card machine and gas nozzle. Have you ever seen any of those cleaned?
People just need to take precautions and be vigilant. If you have pre-existing conditions(especially respiratory and heart), be extra careful.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
More towards the spirit of this thread though - I'm hiking in a State park this weekend and have one of my favorite Jeep trail runs the following weekend.

The world will keep turning and I refuse to not have some normalcy in my life.

I plan on driving to a state park this Saturday with my son — all of the state parks in TN are still open (but park facilities are not, so he’ll have to pee on a tree lol) We have to get outside and I figure a state park is big enough to accommodate social distancing. Plus, the drive will be nice (56° and sunny is the forecast).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,657 Posts
The shortage of medical supplies is becoming public knowledge:
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/19/coronavirus-medical-supplies-138290

Sorry, more gloomy news on the economy this morning. Economists now believe that $1 trillion won’t be enough to stimulate our economy: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/20/why-coronavirus-stimulus-may-not-be-enough-138368

Apparently NPR got a recording of Senator Burr privately warning a group of contributors about the seriousness of the looming pandemic weeks ago. He downplayed its seriousness in public, while quietly unloading about $1 million worth of securities before the stock market crashed. Now Carlson Tucker is asking for his head. https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...o-resign-amid-reports-of-stock-selloff-due-to

In a bit of good news, FCA is now offering Italy help making ventilators in this time of crisis at https://europe.autonews.com/automak...k-helping-italy-make-ventilators-virus-crisis

There are some in politics, in business and in private life still operating as if these were normal times, where abundance rewarded selfish behaviors. But there is growing signs that we are awakening to the fact that selfless sacrifice is what is now in order, at every level, to come out of this.

Once we got a handle on this pandemic, we will come out of our homes and put our individual talents and skills to work, perhaps in new ways, to rebuild.

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
I think there are many in politics, in business and in private life still operating as if we were in normal times, where abundance rewarded selfish behavior. There should be a gradual awakening to the fact that selfless sacrifice is what is now in order, at every level, to come out of this.
Sometimes it’s not an easy decision to make which choice is the selfless sacrifice. My company as part of the critical federal defense infrastructure has an exemption that allows employees to keep going to work. I’m sitting here outside at the Redondo Beach marina looking out over the boats and contemplating whether I should keep going into work or go back to my home in Arizona. Seems like the selfless sacrifice would be to keep going to work. Yet, my gut instinct is telling me I should probably go back home. Soon as it gets a little more into the morning (it’s 5AM now) I’ll start contacting family, friends, and managers at my company whose opinion I trust and get their take on it.

·
Super Moderator
10,657 Posts
Sometimes it’s not an easy decision to make which choice is the selfless sacrifice. My company as part of the critical federal defense infrastructure has an exemption that allows employees to keep going to work. I’m sitting here outside at the Redondo Beach marina looking out over the boats and contemplating whether I should keep going into work or go back to my home in Arizona. Seems like the selfless sacrifice would be to keep going to work. Yet, my gut instinct is telling me I should probably go back home. Soon as it gets a little more into the morning (it’s 5AM now) I’ll start contacting family, friends, and managers at my company whose opinion I trust and get their take on it.
I hear you. I also feel like packing my cr*p, crossing the border and holing up with my loved ones. The only thing holding me back at the moment is that I don’t want to bring anything undetected to my 90-year old dad.

I hope our choices become increasingly clear as we get used to this new reality. Right now we need to prioritize our safety, and that of our loved ones. As time passes and the situation stabilizes we are going to discover ways to leverage our individual strengths to help each other in meaningful ways.

·
Premium Member
10,155 Posts
As an ER employee, I would be willing to bet most everyone has already been exposed to the Chinese virus. Think about just these two things people touch.....a debit card machine and gas nozzle. Have you ever seen any of those cleaned?
People just need to take precautions and be vigilant. If you have pre-existing conditions(especially respiratory and heart), be extra careful.
I've been using a paper towel at the pump before grabbing the nozzle...

The debit card and passcode touch pad... so far,

Ralph's market has best practice... bottle of Purell there at checkout.

Worst practices....
Vons markets
Walmart markets

·
Premium Member
10,155 Posts
I'd get out of California now before Arizona closes the border.

Work from home if you can...

41 - 60 of 1020 Posts