Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

721 - 740 of 765 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Curious ?? On the new design soft top...Do you need to remove the rear window when the sun rider is open? New rear window design doesn’t appear to roll up easily. Another storage issue?

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
I have not tried to roll it up as I don't think the side channels will like that. I have the Mopar soft top storage bag that fits behind the back seat. It is a bit difficult to deal with compared to just rolling up the windows in a good bag like before. Another thing I found out is that you don't want to go very fast with just the back window out. The side panels will bang loose. I don't think they will come off but they do bang around. The prior version you could easily run with just the back window out. Once the windows are out the look is really cool as the back corner sails are attached to the side windows. Oh well. I will figure it out but heads up on the back window out issue.

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
I thought I would bring this thread back up and get a few check-ins as we approach the 4th. How are y'all doing?

First, happy Canada Day to all our Canadian Jeep people.

Second, I have a few opinions on standing for the national anthem but I read a comment today that sums up my feelings better than I could have written:

" I still get chills and a tear in my eye when I hear the National Anthem. Whether it be at a sporting event or public celebration. I love my country, I am a Veteran, I am my father's son, I am my grandfather's grandson, I am both the son of immigrants and Union soldiers. You will have to break both my knees and use all your force to keep me from standing tall during the national anthem. I will never bow in such a cowardly and weak minded way. My knees bow only to my God and I stand and salute for my Country, our Constitution, our Flag and the National Anthem."

Amen.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I stand for the National Anthem, hat off and right hand over my heart. I bow my knees before God and thank him for this country.

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Happy Canada Day yesterday Aldo. I am sorry you could not go over the border to see your dad. I am also glad to see Seattle restore order. That was a mess.

A very happy and I hope safe Fourth of July to everyone!

God bless America.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
A real happy 4th here in So Cal. Masks are mandatory, All beaches closed, bars closed, no gathering and really no fireworks, no parades, just nothing. No having a family BBQ unless they live with you. So sit at home alone and have a great time. Fireworks on TV are great, LOL. The weather is great for going outside, but don't do that. There are fines for not wearing a mask. Some willl catch the virus over the weekend and some will die from it. Depending who you listen to, we'll be just fine or we are all going to die. Have a happy 4th.

Reactions: doctorsteve

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Well we’re probably better staying at home. Going out to celebrate the 4th runs the risk of being called a racist and getting canceled.

Reactions: SteedGun

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Some pics from the White Rim Trail a couple weeks ago. Haven’t been on the forum much lately as I’ve been crazy busy with work and life. This was a fabulous trip and an amazing way to unplug and get away from everybody and all media.

055C9704-911E-4C9A-8CAB-57DA924E5002.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
These are from a hike outside of Buena Vista where we stayed a couple of days on the journey back from Utah; don’t tell anyone how amazing the West is :). Did about 1600 ft of gain and these lakes were at over 10,000 ft.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Well we’re probably better staying at home. Going out to celebrate the 4th runs the risk of being called a racist and getting canceled.
When this virus is over, are you ready to do what it takes to wave the flag and wear your red MAGA hat without the fear of being canceled?

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
When this virus is over, are you ready to do what it takes to wave the flag and wear your red MAGA hat without the fear of being canceled?
I'm in good shape here in Arizona with MAGA. The liberals here are more centrists and not the crazies that are on the coasts that will punch you for wearing a MAGA hat.

·
Premium Member
6,176 Posts
I see the countdown on GAJR’s website is gone. Like everything else, and for obvious reasons, it’s cancelled.

·
Premium Member
6,176 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Keep posting pics. Right now I am living vicariously through you.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Wrangler Forum and a few others help me escape reality and right now I need that. My only son passed away a week ago from brain cancer. Three years ago my only daughter passed away from diabetes. I have one sister that is dying from bone cancer. Mother is 87 with Parkinson's. No contact ever with the ex. My future is not looking bright. I have my pups and toys. I just keep busy. I don't worry about covid or the election. Moving to Idaho is looking better.

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Wrangler Forum and a few others help me escape reality and right now I need that. My only son passed away a week ago from brain cancer. Three years ago my only daughter passed away from diabetes. I have one sister that is dying from bone cancer. Mother is 87 with Parkinson's. No contact ever with the ex. My future is not looking bright. I have my pups and toys. I just keep busy. I don't worry about covid or the election. Moving to Idaho is looking better.
I'm so sorry to hear about that; I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. Stay in touch here...

·
Super Moderator
9,439 Posts
So sorry to hear. It must be so tough.

I have been thinking of my mom a lot lately; she passed away 2.5 years ago.

My parents would have been married 62 years last week. Here they are on July 28, 1958; they had a very happy life together.

My dad has kept a pretty good disposition through all of this. He will be 90 in November; I wish I have half his strength when my turn comes. But he came down with shingles a month ago and now he says he is ready to meet up with mom. He misses her dearly.

No matter how good or how tough a life we had on this earth, saying goodbye is always hard.

Yes, Idaho is very pretty.

721 - 740 of 765 Posts