Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

741 - 760 of 765 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Wrangler Forum and a few others help me escape reality and right now I need that. My only son passed away a week ago from brain cancer. Three years ago my only daughter passed away from diabetes. I have one sister that is dying from bone cancer. Mother is 87 with Parkinson's. No contact ever with the ex. My future is not looking bright. I have my pups and toys. I just keep busy. I don't worry about covid or the election. Moving to Idaho is looking better.
Very sorry to hear this. While I grew up in northern Utah we spent a lot of time in Idaho. Great place with very good people. I know we are not much as company goes but keep posting and working on your projects. Here is my pup to hopefully brighten your day. She will hold that treat until I tell her she can have it.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Thank you all so much, you're my extended family. Many loose close loved ones every day. Mine went quiet and peaceful with family and friends around. It's tough to see your only son take his first breath and 37 years later be with him for his last one here on earth. I'll keep going but part of my heart is gone.

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Are you actively looking at spots in Idaho? If so, where? I know a few gems.

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Spent a few days last week in Lake City and Ouray CO, the San Juan Mountains are my favorite part of the state. The last pic is of a couple of old Willys we met on the trail, google gramps 48 and this guy is kind of famous in the Jeep world and those things are just unstoppable.
_MG_7671.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,176 Posts
Wrangler Forum and a few others help me escape reality and right now I need that. My only son passed away a week ago from brain cancer. Three years ago my only daughter passed away from diabetes. I have one sister that is dying from bone cancer. Mother is 87 with Parkinson's. No contact ever with the ex. My future is not looking bright. I have my pups and toys. I just keep busy. I don't worry about covid or the election. Moving to Idaho is looking better.
So very sorry for this difficult time you’re going through. Take care of yourself, and stay strong.

·
Premium Member
6,176 Posts
So sorry to hear. It must be so tough.

I have been thinking of my mom a lot lately; she passed away 2.5 years ago.

My parents would have been married 62 years last week. Here they are on July 28, 1958; they had a very happy life together.
View attachment 4448410

My dad has kept a pretty good disposition through all of this. He will be 90 in November; I wish I have half his strength when my turn comes. But he came down with shingles a month ago and now he says he is ready to meet up with mom. He misses her dearly.

No matter how good or how tough a life we had on this earth, saying goodbye is always hard.

Yes, Idaho is very pretty.
Beautiful picture of your Mom and Dad.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Wife breeds Golden Retrievers. Had a litter of 6 that will be 3 weeks old tomorrow.

On a side note, what happened to RubiconSS? Havent seen him post in awhile.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,897 Posts
It worked for me both times.
That's linked from Facebook... I get a bunch of false starts.

Aside from that, cool video. I used to have to rake huge mounds of leaves like that when I was a kid. Should have taught our beagle to run and jump in the pile of leaves..

·
Premium Member
589 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Gave platelets for the first time yesterday, much longer process than giving whole blood, but similar experience. Palettes are crucial for cancer patients and are only stable for a week so please think about doing it. You can also donate much more frequently up to once a week since you get much of your own fluid back after the palettes are separated.

741 - 760 of 765 Posts