Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

861 - 880 of 918 Posts

·
Premium Member
675 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
So, it is no secret that I am a gun person. Most of us live in places that are not terribly crime ridden, etc. However, two months ago I was awakened at night by 4 LEOs looking through our backyard area for a suspect they chased down into our neighborhood. Evil finds a way. Please be prepared. That includes training and practice. In this video the retired fireman had a gun but it does not appear he was well trained with the gun. Also, notice how quick life goes to pot when carjackers come after you.

Get armed, get training, practice.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler Unlimited/Willys/3.6/Loaded
43 Posts
Good stuff! You guys are killing me. I want to get out west with the Jeep badly. Either driving it or hauling it in my trailer. We had preliminary plans to head that way in January, probably not with the Jeep though. Now I'm thinking maybe push it back a couple of months, take a little longer, and take the Jeep. I have a feeling the 3rd week of January 2021 will not be conducive to traveling across the country. On another note, I ordered another 1k rounds of .223. Steel case this time. $587.38 delivered to my business address in Jax. 2k in the house for the AK, a few hundred 9mm, another couple hundred assorted .40, 10mm, .357, .270, .243, .308, & 20 ga. A couple hundred 12ga buckshot. A few hundred .22's. Damned ammo is so expensive right now it's painful to practice. Hopefully this political situation gets resolved sooner rather than later and in an honest and judicious manner. Some a-holes need to be locked up for sure.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Well with 5 million first time gun owners added in 2020 and the surely that there will be a heavy push to ban firearms and regulate ammunition I don’t expect much to change in 2021. If the Georgia Senate race has a favorable outcome that may ease things a little, but probably not substantially.

Reactions: cyoung9799

·
Super Moderator
9,965 Posts
I think Americans' relationship with guns, on both sides, is a bit warped. The issue is so politicized; interest groups and politicians have fanned emotions for so many years that it is impossible to have a rational conversation any more.

While I don't own a gun at the moment, I respect people's rights to own guns.

I did own a fire gun when I lived in California. To @SteedGun's point: I took a half-day training session with a guy who trains LEOs; it was money well spent! The first hour was all about safety --e.g., always assume the gun is loaded, never point a firearm to another person unless you intend to fire it, never keep your finger on the trigger unless you plan to shoot, place your target away from areas of traffic...no matter how far you are, etc., etc. He showed me how to aim and shoot properly and let me try a dozen different calibers, from a 22 to a 45. That 45 has some kick! I settled on a Ruger 38 revolver with a 6-inch barrel. The thing was so big it'd probably scare a burglar without even firing it! LOL

Little known fact: on a per-capita basis Canadians own more guns than Americans.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I lost all mine in a boating accident. Pretty typical for an American, we have more boating accidents resulting in firearms losses than any other country.

·
Super Moderator
9,965 Posts
My local Jeep dealer is running a special on the Mopar 2-inch lift for $2,000, installed. The going price for the lift alone is between $1,300 and $1,400, so it appears the dealer is offering the labor for $600. That's hard to beat.

I made an appointment to get the lift installed next week.

After that I will need to get tires. I don't want to go too wide; 285 max.

It is proving a tough size. Anyone know of an AT tire that is 255 - 285 wide and 34 - 36 inches tall?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Good stuff! You guys are killing me. I want to get out west with the Jeep badly. Either driving it or hauling it in my trailer. We had preliminary plans to head that way in January, probably not with the Jeep though. Now I'm thinking maybe push it back a couple of months, take a little longer, and take the Jeep. I have a feeling the 3rd week of January 2021 will not be conducive to traveling across the country. On another note, I ordered another 1k rounds of .223. Steel case this time. $587.38 delivered to my business address in Jax. 2k in the house for the AK, a few hundred 9mm, another couple hundred assorted .40, 10mm, .357, .270, .243, .308, & 20 ga. A couple hundred 12ga buckshot. A few hundred .22's. Damned ammo is so expensive right now it's painful to practice. Hopefully this political situation gets resolved sooner rather than later and in an honest and judicious manner. Some a-holes need to be locked up for
I lost all mine in a boating accident. Pretty typical for an American, we have more boating accidents resulting in firearms losses than any other country.
Depending on how the next 4 years go, I may have to borrow your boat.......

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
My local Jeep dealer is running a special on the Mopar 2-inch lift for $2,000, installed. The going price for the lift alone is between $1,300 and $1,400, so it appears the dealer is offering the labor for $600. That's hard to beat.

I made an appointment to get the lift installed next week.

After that I will need to get tires. I don't want to go too wide; 285 max.

It is proving a tough size. Anyone know of an AT tire that is 255 - 285 wide and 34 - 36 inches tall?
Aldo, you will love the Mopar lift. That is a very good deal. Sorry on the tires. No help there. I went with 35x12.5 17 KO2s.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Just one more gun item. I prefer these gun safes for handgun placement. I even have a micro unit for storing a handgun that sits under the driver side of my Jeep. I don't care for the bolt on ones. I also prefer the touch pad units to anything as I have been using them for almost as long as they have been in business. Now, long gun storage is a Browning large safe in the basement.

Aldo you are correct about a gun scaring off the bad guys. Many times that actually happens but you need to be ready for the one that does not run off. I just pray I will never, ever, need to use my gun on another human being. Still, I stand ready. This is a very personal choice so please do not think I am pushing my agenda I am just making sure everyone rethinks this one for themselves based on what I am seeing even here in Utah.

Anyone with questions please send me a PM.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler Unlimited/Willys/3.6/Loaded
43 Posts
Steed Gun, do you have pics? I have a Lock 'er Down safe with the electronic lock in my Super Duty' console. I keep my S&W Shield in there on a magnet. Works great. There's a hell of a lot more room in the SD that the Jeep so I was wondering where you would place the unit. Thanks

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I like guns. This is my newest purchase. Always wanted a .45acp 1911 Kimber.
20201211_174057.jpg

·
Registered
320 Posts
I like guns. This is my newest purchase. Always wanted a .45acp 1911 Kimber. View attachment 4467878
Nice. My wife loves Kimbers. She has expensive taste in handguns. I told her she should have married John Wick. His gun budget is better than mine.

This is my latest "Covid stress relief" purchase. Sig MCX Virtus Patrol in .300 Blackout. Really liked the option of the barrel conversion kit to swap in a 5.56 for 2 guns in one.

Just added the Eotech red dot and magnifier. Need to get those sighted in.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The wife just traded her sig for a Kimber Micro 9 w/crimson trace, for carry duty. For fun we both prefer the 1911 flavor.

View attachment 4467880
Very nice. I need to show this to my wife. She's been trying to decide on good gun for concealed carry. She would love this.

My daily carry is a M&P 9mm. I bought a Sig P320 RX 9mm that I really like, but I need to drop a few pounds before I can carry it concealed. :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
9,965 Posts
Aldo, you will love the Mopar lift. That is a very good deal. Sorry on the tires. No help there. I went with 35x12.5 17 KO2s.
I have a love-hate relationship with my local Jeep dealer. I am giving them one more chance with the lift. Hope they don’t blow it.

I am slowly coming around to the idea of getting 35 x 12.5 inch tires. I got soured on them with my last JKUR Recon: it had a Mopar 2-inch lift and 35 x 12.5 KO2s; I really didn’t like how it drove.

I had the same lift and tires on prior JKs and was very happy. But I’ve been finding out that other Recon owners didn’t like how their JKs drove, rode and handled either. So perhaps it was something unique to that version of the Wrangler.

This time I’ll probably go with 35-inch General Grabber ATX and a set of Quadratec CJ Retro. I like their utilitarian look; they look like 1970s steelies but are alloys.

861 - 880 of 918 Posts