Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

881 - 900 of 918 Posts

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Following the trend. A couple of P239s, 9mm and .357 Sig.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Love the Sigs. I enjoy Sig Sauer as well.

I have been looking and bidding on CMP 1911s for a while. The CMP is limiting buyers to one for the near foreseeable future so I went after this one and won it in auction last night. It is the real deal 1911 A1 frame built in 1939. Now, I am just hustling up the paperwork to get her home by Christmas.

Aldo, make sure those guys get the red tag springs on the left and blue on the right on your Mopar lift. Pics too please.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
The Colts and Sigs are nice but I like my Dan Wesson PM7.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I have seen some beautiful custom 1911s. But the feel, balance, and manual of arms never did much for me. They’re very popular and many people can shoot them very well, just not my thing. Strictly a DA/SA person although I would consider LEM. For me a P226 SRT is perfection. Although lately I’ve been on an HK kick. HKs aren’t pretty, have a horrible trigger (although that can be improved) and expensive for what they are, But, they are tack drivers and don’t fail. Not a good competition gun, but as a tool they are one of the best.

·
Super Moderator
9,965 Posts
My JKS Flex Connect swaybar links arrived!

I'll see if I can get them on this afternoon.

View attachment 4469337
I tried ALL day to open the link to replace the springs, but haven't been able to. The thing won't budge. Nothing should be this difficult. :mad:

I sent a note to Northridge 4X4 to see if they have a trick to get it done. If they don't, it is going back, unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
9,965 Posts
Found a video that shows a trick for opening the Flex Connect: mount it to the swaybar, then use the leverage provided by the swaybar to pry open the Flex Connect and replace the springs.

However, unlike the install on JK that was a straight bolt-on, this one calls for cutting the passenger-side lower link mount. Which means, it cannot be undone.

This is a chicken-and-egg situation: I won’t know if I can open it to replace the springs until I install it; but once installed it cannot be uninstalled.

I’m sending it back.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Send it to me, I’ll get it open.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Super Moderator
9,965 Posts
Send it to me, I’ll get it open.
Thanks. But I don’t want to cut the OE mount. If I wanted to undo the install in the future for whatever reason, I wouldn’t be able to.

I installed these on my JKs: they bolted right on and off. I was able to swap them from one JK to the next. I even took then off my last JK Sahara and re-sold them.

Everything is more involved on JL...

·
Registered
654 Posts
Found a video that shows a trick for opening the Flex Connect: mount it to the swaybar, then use the leverage provided by the swaybar to pry open the Flex Connect and replace the springs.

However, unlike the install on JK that was a straight bolt-on, this one calls for cutting the passenger-side lower link mount. Which means, it cannot be undone.

This is a chicken-and-egg situation: I won’t know if I can open it to replace the springs until I install it; but once installed it cannot be uninstalled.

I’m sending it back.
Id do the same.

·
Super Moderator
9,965 Posts
Today is the shortest day of the year. For the past week I’ve been having to turn on the lights inside the house by 2pm.

The good news is, days will be getting longer for the next six months...!

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Tonight is the night of the “Christmas Star” when Saturn and Jupiter are overlapping as viewed from earth. Last time it happened at night was 800 years ago. Looked last night with my telescope and will try again tonight.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I went out and looked at the Christmas star tonight with my spotting scope. Really cool. My scope even clearly showed the rings around Saturn. Really neat.

Sorry about your sway bar links Aldo. Those looked really cool.

881 - 900 of 918 Posts