Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1001 - 1020 of 1020 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Big day at our house. My daughter got her 1st car today. 2017 JKU Sport in Chief blue. I'm a proud new Jeeper dad.

She fell in love with this color over a year ago and kept sending me pictures of used Jeeps she found online. Each time we would check into them, they were sold. Evidently this is a popular color. She came across this one late last week, so we went to check it out Saturday night and pulled the trigger. Not a scratch on it. Already has some decent mods: N-Fab step rails, Alpine head unit w/backup camera, stubby antenna, and Katzkin leather seat covers with blue stitching to match the exterior. Can't wait for Christmas to roll around for her first list of mod requests.

We had it delivered to the house this afternoon to surprise her. Now she's got that Joker from Batman smile on her face.
Congrats, love that color!

Very nice. My daughter turns 16 in June and she wants a Wrangler.
Congrats! My daughter turns 16 next week, I got the wrangler part covered :)
Last August, I sold the TJ :( It needed a lot of work and being manual transmission my daughter did not want to drive it. Used those funds towards my daughter's jeep. In September I found the '10 JK Islander locally, single owner, 100K miles paid $12.5K, used car market seems crazy nowadays, glad I bought it in September, otherwise I would have a hard time finding a reasonably priced wrangler right now..

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
Sold my JLUR this week. My 392 is in paint and I hope to have it within 3-4 weeks. Good to see some traffic on this thread and I hope everyone checks in to let us know how you are doing. Wrigley Field was sold out tonight for the game against the Cardinals. We are back folks.

·
Super Moderator
10,656 Posts
Sold my JLUR this week. My 392 is in paint and I hope to have it within 3-4 weeks. Good to see some traffic on this thread and I hope everyone checks in to let us know how you are doing. Wrigley Field was sold out tonight for the game against the Cardinals. We are back folks.
What color did you order?

KBB now says my 2018 Sahara is worth $50,000 in private sale! MSRP was $50,000; I paid $38,000 1.5 years ago. This is nuts!

Jeep.com says that the exact same thing I have, plus the front camera and eTorque V6, in Sarge Green and saddle leather, would be $57,800.

Pfft...!

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
I have a Hydro blue on order. I really wanted the Hellayella again as my family really liked the yellow but they did not offer it in that color. My order has been in with Jeep since 12/24/20 so don't expect quick delivery of 392s. I have already owned three red Jeeps and this makes two blue ones.

I was lucky and found a dealer up in Logan, UT that did my 392 deal at MSRP. All the others wanted at least 5k over and most were 15k over MSRP.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
I have a Hydro blue on order. I really wanted the Hellayella again as my family really liked the yellow but they did not offer it in that color. My order has been in with Jeep since 12/24/20 so don't expect quick delivery of 392s. I have already owned three red Jeeps and this makes two blue ones.

I was lucky and found a dealer up in Logan, UT that did my 392 deal at MSRP. All the others wanted at least 5k over and most were 15k over MSRP.
You were lucky to get a 392 at MSRP; as you said, dealers are seriously hiking up the price. I have a dealer in Houston that would likely do MSRP as well since they did so on the Jeep I have. I would love a 392, but it would be hard to let go of my one-of-one build that I get so many compliments on..... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Yeah - I flew last week and the airport was jam packed and the flights in both directions were completely full.

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
You were lucky to get a 392 at MSRP; as you said, dealers are seriously hiking up the price. I have a dealer in Houston that would likely do MSRP as well since they did so on the Jeep I have. I would love a 392, but it would be hard to let go of my one-of-one build that I get so many compliments on..... ;)
Yup. I had a lot of time into mine and I would always get comments on my Jeep. The best compliment I got on my 20 JLUR was a Jeep dealer in Moab. He saw my Jeep on the street and stopped to talk with me about my sliders and wheels. What he said really made me feel good "you have done it up right, all good stuff and nothing silly".

I fought off the Hemi disease for about a month and then put my order in. I will let you know if I made a good move or not in about a month. Today they said it was in small parts assembly.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Yup. I had a lot of time into mine and I would always get comments on my Jeep. The best compliment I got on my 20 JLUR was a Jeep dealer in Moab. He saw my Jeep on the street and stopped to talk with me about my sliders and wheels. What he said really made me feel good "you have done it up right, all good stuff and nothing silly".

I fought off the Hemi disease for about a month and then put my order in. I will let you know if I made a good move or not in about a month. Today they said it was in small parts assembly.
If I didn't have a ton of time and money into upgrading my JLU I'd likely be ordering one.

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
If I didn't have a ton of time and money into upgrading my JLU I'd likely be ordering one.
Zen, I had a ton of time and money in mine but I just could not fight off the Hemi disease. That and I worry that something like the Hemi will never get built again with the current political climate. I honestly think the 392 will be a one year deal and disappear due to EPA attacks.

I will say that when I added up what I actually paid for the Jeep and all my add on parts (no time valued) I did get almost all my money back on the sale as the market is insane right now. Mine sold in four days to the first person that came to look at it.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Zen, I had a ton of time and money in mine but I just could not fight off the Hemi disease. That and I worry that something like the Hemi will never get built again with the current political climate. I honestly think the 392 will be a one year deal and disappear due to EPA attacks.

I will say that when I added up what I actually paid for the Jeep and all my add on parts (no time valued) I did get almost all my money back on the sale as the market is insane right now. Mine sold in four days to the first person that came to look at it.
Steed, Glad to hear you were able to stay financially whole. I may just explore the option as well and even though I spend countless hours, I wouldn't consider my time either. The hemi disease is strong here as well.

·
Super Moderator
10,656 Posts
Taking my Sahara out yesterday crystallized two things: (a) I wouldn’t want anything bigger than a JLU on these tight PNW trails; (b) I’d be a fool to sell my Jeep for a new one.

This Mopar lift is vastly superior to that offered on JK. I was able to comfortably sustain 30 MPH on rutted logging roads; something I was unable to do in my JKs. And you cannot hear a rattle inside the JL! The General Grabber ATXs ride a lot more smoothly on the trails than my KO2s did, too. KO2 still has an edge on pavement quietness, though.

Despite not having a swaybar disconnect*, my lifted JL Sahara handled going over mid-sized rocks and logs as well as my lifted 2018 JKUR Recon did.

* My Sahara has JKS FlexConnect swaybar links

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
I like a 2-2.5 inch lift and 35s. I don't do real nasty trails. The Mopar lift kit was excellent on my 2020 JLUR. I hope the factory lift on the 392 is just as good. I plan on changing the tires out quick for 35s. I am actually bugged that Jeep didn't have them as an option when I ordered. Big mistake in my opinion.

Hey Aldo, any way of knowing what happened to that Toyota in the pic above that was hanging off the shelf?

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
I would pay money to see the picture after they tried to go down that one. I wonder if they bailed and got someone to winch them out backwards.

·
Super Moderator
10,656 Posts
I like a 2-2.5 inch lift and 35s. I don't do real nasty trails. The Mopar lift kit was excellent on my 2020 JLUR. I hope the factory lift on the 392 is just as good. I plan on changing the tires out quick for 35s. I am actually bugged that Jeep didn't have them as an option when I ordered. Big mistake in my opinion.
Yeah. It is amazing how easily JL handles 35-inch tires.

1001 - 1020 of 1020 Posts