Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so Iv been debating here, whether to go to springs or stay with my leafies, I know our leafies can flex just as good as a springer, and in fact makes people go "wholy (4 letter word, requires toilet paper)" when they see a leafy cady whompus and side ways..... honestly im leaning toward staying leafy I mean after all that the interior and square head lights are what our YJs are known for.... among other things... so let me get some input please

·
Aka Vaultzz
5,624 Posts
I eventually plan on going SOA in the rear and coil over conversion in the front, similar to an XJ's suspension

My 2 cents :)

·
Registered
853 Posts
I heard a funny thing about leafs - in case of a rear-end accident you'll slide on those on the hood like on the skies if the other car was a sedan trying to stop, unlike in case of TJs you'll end up with all four wheels under the hood of your vehicle :) (my .01 :) )

·
Registered
402 Posts
Coils are cool n all but are costly. The lift is costly, accidents on the trail are costly, bigger lifts are more trouble, coils are harder to work on (imo)... proper coil overs in the back seem to help a little with wheel hop a little, but I think cost out weighs it...

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
A spring over axle yj can flex extremly well. Keep in mind with leafs we can remove our track bars which will also increase flex. Save the front on to put back on before inspection though. Right Vaultz :flipoff:

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
stay leaf...simple easy and works.. all that coil stuff is a pita.

·
Aka Vaultzz
5,624 Posts
A spring over axle yj can flex extremly well. Keep in mind with leafs we can remove our track bars which will also increase flex. Save the front on to put back on before inspection though. Right Vaultz :flipoff:
Keep the front AND the back! :rofl:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDfV-6bFH6k

Spring over axle with rubicon express 1.5 inch spring over axle springs (exact setup im planning on doing this summer. Along with 35's)
staying leafy, we can still go every where......... I took my sway bar off and rides smoother, no diference in handling at high speed, and now i can flex till my tires meet the fenders, havent took my track bars off yet don think im going to

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you want more flex take that track bar off too or put a telescoping track bar on. I run without mine and have no probs on the street. Quadratec states right in the essentials catalog you get 30 percent more flex without a track bar (actually with a telescoping unit, but I dont want to spend the 250+ for one). Especially if you have stiffer lift springs <over stock> you should be fine with out it. But its only 2 bolts each bar should you even decide to put it back on.

If you have a lift and no riser on your axle for the track bar, you are doing nothing but hurting your geometry any way. your track bar should be parallel to your drag link and on the same plane for it to even work like it was intended anyways...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you want more flex take that track bar off too or put a telescoping track bar on. I run without mine and have no probs on the street. Quadratec states right in the essentials catalog you get 30 percent more flex without a track bar (actually with a telescoping unit, but I dont want to spend the 250+ for one). Especially if you have stiffer lift springs <over stock> you should be fine with out it. But its only 2 bolts each bar should you even decide to put it back on.

If you have a lift and no riser on your axle for the track bar, you are doing nothing but hurting your geometry any way. your track bar should be parallel to your drag link and on the same plane for it to even work like it was intended anyways...
Touchei, I kept my trac on it helps with my left an right lateral roll, dont ask me how but with it of i can drag knusckles in turns lmao but if i do some serious wheelin i might consider takin it off

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah and your to far away for me to hire on your skills for that job

1 - 14 of 14 Posts