Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 10 months and only 4,000 miles, my 2020 Gladiator went into a death wobble twice in the same day. I was on interstate 295 , going with the flow, and crossing an expansion joint onto a normal interstatenbridge into a curve, the wheels and steering wheel began to vibrate and shake at an alarming rate. The death wobble shake worsened and I immediately began to decelerate, brake and switch lanes to the right to get to the shoulder. It stopped shaking when I rolled to a stop. That same day, on the return trip in the opposite direction, the same death wobble, extreme steering and wheel shaking developed again as I crossed the expansion joint onto the bridge into a curve. Yesterday, I took my Gladiator to the same spot, with my wife taking video, and sure enough, the death wobble began again on crossing onto the road bridge expansion joint going into a slight curve. Got it on video. Took the Jeep to the dealer today for a look see. They report That steering components are not loose but that there is a TSB calling for replacing the steering dampener, which has been ordered for install in a few days. Has Anybody else had this happen? I have made no modifications, no lift, no bigger tires. All stock. Anybody have a copy of the steering dampener TSB? The dealer said that some dampeners may have been installed without priming, and this is what happens. I am looking for any solid information you might have regarding this problem, and the fix. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear that did they charge you anything for the parts?
Still under warranty. No repairs have been made yet but parts have been ordered. I will take the Gladiator back in when the part arrives. I don’t expect any charges for warranty work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well don't you feel like maybe something else is wrong with the car its such low miles for any issues
No. No modifications, no lift, no big wheels. No accidents. All stock. Dealer says TSB explains that some steering dampeners were installed without priming, which caused the looseness in the system. A new one has been ordered. We shall see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts