Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, newbie here so be forewarned.

I am finally getting around to doing some work on my 91 model and have some questions. It has a hardtop and steel doors but I think they are not original, the doors look decades older than the actual Jeep and the hardtop is a little old and worn as well. My biggest problem is the seals and window channels are dry rotted so bad that everything rattles very badly. The driver door actually have AMC Jeep stickers so I guess they are surely pre 87? I like the steel doors and hardtop (part of the reason I bought it) but not sure if they are worth rehabbing or not? Did they even offer full steel doors on the YJ? Just curious if these older doors are even useable on my YJ...

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
78 Posts
Any pictures? And its well worth rebuilding the doors you can get the gaskets from quadratec, I called a jeep junk yard thinking I could get steel doors for 100$, but I almost went into shock when the guy said 500$ for a set and they needed a lot of work. They don't make the doors anymore, you can find a set of refurbished doors but they are not going to be cheap. my hard top was from a cj and so are my doors.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Quadratec go to replacement parts find what u need then go to vendor spotlight and get free shipping

·
Registered
379 Posts
I agree, rebuild yours. JC Whitney also sells seals, window wipes, and window Chanel. Just got new seals and window wipes for mine. Very inexpensive. I think I have 25 buck in the door seals, and another 22 in the window wipes. Was not a bad job to install either. good luck and post up some pics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got the driver door stripped down, wasn't terribly easy as just about every other bolt was seized. I will be stripping them down, doing some welding where they are cracked and repaint them. Also, my doors have the operable vent window and the lower shaft looks badly rusted and I think it's even broken. Hopefully I can get those parts too? I saw on Quadratechs site they have seals but it looked somewhat tough to figure out what I need so I guess I'll just call them.

So it looks as if I am lucky to have these doors so I better just fix them.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
CJ dooors is probably what you have and the parts are available as stated above. Tedious but not tooo bad a job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts