Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know I've seen somewhere that sells d window steelies without stripes... I've been looking for about an hour now and can seem to find it. Does anyone know who makes/sells em? :)flipoff: )OR- if it cost less to get the crager 342's w/ the stripe, is there some way to remove it without damaging the wheel? thank you!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks- i've have heard that too, but like you, i have never talked to anyone who has done it....

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
True, fingernail polish remover is primarily acetone which will remove that stripe. :)
SOME fingernail polish is based on Acetone. Some are beginnning to move away from acetone for health reasons. Just make sure you double check the ingredient list on the back. :)

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
SOME fingernail polish is based on Acetone. Some are beginnning to move away from acetone for health reasons. Just make sure you double check the ingredient list on the back. :)
The non-acetone remover is also for those with acrylic nails. My ex had those things and had to use the non-acetone version.

But a guy in our group got rid of his stripes by doing that (acetone nail polish remover) and it worked fine. Just clean em off real good when the stripes are off.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,629 Posts
Certainly, just be careful that because pure acetone is pretty strong, that you don't also take the black paint off under the stripes. Some nitrile gloves would be a good idea too, acetone can be tough on hands. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts