Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I cut the wheel to the right my steering box will make a loud popping sound 1 time anyone else had this issue would this cause a slight wobble when I hit a bump in the road traveling at a good speed

Vendor
When I cut the wheel to the right my steering box will make a loud popping sound 1 time anyone else had this issue would this cause a slight wobble when I hit a bump in the road traveling at a good speed
Take a look at the track bar in the front. If the bushing is bad or the hole on the axle side is wallowed out it could cause the bar to jump and bang when it gets to the other side of the hole. Do a dry steering test to look for play. Let me know if you have any questions!

-Ryan

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll take a look at that thanks Ryan! I got my girlfriend to cut the wheel back and forth and the popping is coming from the box it self

Registered
I'll take a look at that thanks Ryan! I got my girlfriend to cut the wheel back and forth and the popping is coming from the box it self
Just wondering if you ever got this fixed? It sounds the same as what is happening to mine and I'm wondering what I need to do. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts