Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have had my Jeep I developed the "clunk" in the steering I have checked all the ball joints, tie rod ends, etc and all are tight. I read that Wranglers have weak steering boxes and wondering how to check it for sure.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes.... Known issue causing the clunk.
Some have repaired under warranty. Others like myself pump the boot with grease. I greased mine over a year ago. No clunk since.
Good to know I will grease it and see

·
Registered
315 Posts
I just recently did this with some success. I removed the clip on the top of the boot and pumped the boot with grease (not sure what kind of grease..it was stuff my dad had in the grease gun already) I then sealed the boot up with a hose clamp. I likely could have put more grease in the boot but the setup I had was annoying me so I just left it. It did do the trick though.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just recently did this with some success. I removed the clip on the top of the boot and pumped the boot with grease (not sure what kind of grease..it was stuff my dad had in the grease gun already) I then sealed the boot up with a hose clamp. I likely could have put more grease in the boot but the setup I had was annoying me so I just left it. It did do the trick though.
Nice thank you for the how to i thought of that but wasn't sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts