Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so i took off my steering wheel and ignition and the top half of the housing around the column so that i could replace the whole turn signal/wiper switch. Well now i can get everything to line up nor can i even get my jeep to start so i can drive it. The steering wheel portion oi know how to do and everything its the park where everything that is under the first half of the housing including the silver piece of aluminum that connects to the gear piece behind the ignition and the the rod leading down the shaft. Any solutions guys? Or should i just give up and buy a new column...

·
Registered
454 Posts
The steering column will go back together you just have to find the right "way" I've had to take mine apart a few times and its never the same. Best thing is to find an old one and have it as a back up or example.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
also, take a lot of pictures or a video.

·
Registered
15 Posts
need a hand

how did you get the top part of the shroud separated from the bottom half to remove the turn signal and wiper controls ? I am stuck on this of the dis-assembly process...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts