Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 3.5" lift with 35's and I also added 1.5" spacers as well. The problem I'm having is when I get above 40 ish mph my steering begins to shake (not a death wobble shake). Not knowing much about Jeeps/cars I'm confused on what I should do or what I should fix/upgrade to resolve this issue. Please let me know what I should try, Thanks everyone!

(Steering stabilizer I thought might help)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got my 3.5" lift with 35's and I also added 1.5" spacers as well. The problem I'm having is when I get above 40 ish mph my steering begins to shake (not a death wobble shake). Not knowing much about Jeeps/cars I'm confused on what I should do or what I should fix/upgrade to resolve this issue. Please let me know what I should try, Thanks everyone!

(Steering stabilizer I thought might help)
I'm a noob as well, but first things first, are you sure your bolted to spec?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Agree with the above advice. Make sure you removed the retainer clips and buffed all the rust off your hubs. Then make sure everything is torques to spec.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
View attachment 3390754

^^^Did you remove these retainers and buff off the rust from the hubs?
Dealership did install as I'm away at school and did not have tools to swap tires, will go to them next week when I'm back and check. Thanks, hopefully this works.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You should have everything you need to pull a wheel off in the jack kit. Tire iron and scissor jack should be all that you need... (And maybe a 2x6 or something under the jack, I don't for my 35" KO2s, but some people do)

Are the tires or wheels new as well, or were you running them before the lift? You might want to try swapping one wheel and then the other with the spare, to see if you can identify which wheel is out of balance, if you don't find any of those retaining clips left behind.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Sounds like you need to get your tires balanced.

It could also be bump steer. Most likely tire balance however.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Looking on the forums I've noticed this issue a lot, i'll definitely check to see if this is the problem, Thank you!

·
Registered
2,842 Posts

What he said.
Probably balancing will cure it

·
RETIRED MODERATER
36,231 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
RETIRED MODERATER
36,231 Posts
Tire Balancing will very in price per shop and logistics.

Discount tire charged me $45.00 for 5 tires, but that was at the time of purchasing new wheels and tires.

RF Balancing will probably cost about $100 for 5, but I haven't priced it out as of current.

As for your Dealer, don't know Heck..give it a try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts