Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I built a tj with 1 ton axles a front Dana 60 and 7/8 ruff stuff heim steering tie rod, drag link, and trac bar. I built it all double sheer for all steering components and double sheer trac bar with heims with a bracket on axle side that is about 6 inches off axle tube and a slim down barly wide enough bracket to hold other end on frame drivers side. My question is when I run the jeep hard offroad it seems to tear up the trac bar heims quickly in as little as a few trips so bad it flops around loose and causes death wobble if I get on a flat hard road and go any more than 15mph. I end up replacing it repeatedly none of my other steering components with the same heims have any issues just my trac bar. It is almost dead on parallel to my drag link as well just not as long obviously. Should I use a different heim or a diffrent kind of joint all together?

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Can you post up some pictures of the track bar position and pictures of the mounts. Sounds like a geometry issue.... Possibly the Heims are being over extended (bottoming out) when you run the Jeep Hard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you post up some pictures of the track bar position and pictures of the mounts. Sounds like a geometry issue.... Possibly the Heims are being over extended (bottoming out) when you run the Jeep Hard.
Yeah I posted some up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts