Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i hijacked my wifes 08 2 door , for hunting season , I bought it used , so i noticed it has no steering lock , is this rite ?

·
Registered
348 Posts
You are correct, no steering lock.

The Wranglers popularity as a tow-behind vehicle for motorhomes is the reason for this. You used to have to leave the key in and disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
steering lock

I have an 07 jk. It has steering lock. Is there any way to remove it so I can tow without the key on? I only have one key and I don't know if the auto door lock will activate over 15 mph while being towed so I don't want to lock my only key in the Jeep.

·
Registered
34,591 Posts
Some have it and some don't from 07 and up. It is on your build sheet if you have it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have an 07 jk. It has steering lock. Is there any way to remove it so I can tow without the key on? I only have one key and I don't know if the auto door lock will activate over 15 mph while being towed so I don't want to lock my only key in the Jeep.
go to ACE HARDWARE (or similar) and have a key cut. will open the doors, unlock the steering, but will not start the Jeep. I carry one on me all the time, had to use it twice.:blackeye

1 - 6 of 6 Posts