Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I did a SOA, high steer bracket to cleat the leaf spring, and Durango steering box. But now my steering is not working right. With the front wheels off the ground it turns lock to lock no problem set it on the ground turns full lock to drive but not full lock to passenger and you have to force it passenger like there's no power steering? Linkage is not bent and its new as well are all tie rod ends. And it does this sitting still or driving. Any ideas?

·
Registered
303 Posts
So with no weight on it, it has full range. With weight on it, it won't turn right.
Have you checked the steering stabilizer with weight on it to verify it isn't binding or bent?

Where was the purchase point when you lifted the vehicle? I assume frame, meaning that the shocks were extended and the axle as far from the frame as shocks would allow. Try jacking the axle up and compressing the springs to the same point they would be when tires on the ground and see if the problem persists.

This would tell you if the issue is due to the wheels on the ground, or linkage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No stabilizer. And I added new 14" travel shocks with shock hoops for the right fit. I'll try what you said this evening. Thanks for the input!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts