Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my steering has been acting real weird lately. When I turn the wheel sharply(anything past a 3/4ish rotation) the steering wheel kicks back and forth like my tires are bouncing off rocks and i lose a lot of power to the wheels (I can’t roll over flat ground without giving it a good bit of gas). Also when it is turned there are popping/ knocking noises from the transfer case area/ tail end of the Jeep. I’m thinking it’s some of the power steering stuff but I was wondering if something with the transfer case could mess with my steering. My linkage is very off after an off-road trip and this problem started at around the same time. I haven’t gotten around to fixing it yet because i figured it’s just stopping me from shifting into 4wd which isn’t an urgent problem.

As you can see the bolt holding the linkage in in this picture I have that completely missing from mine? Assuming it just fell out. And ideas if this could be my problem? Thanks.
1998 4.0 Sahara automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
You are stuck IN 4wd...

Yes that is your problem

·
Registered
934 Posts
Adjust the t-case linkage you are stuck in 4wd and don't drive it until you get it out of 4wd. You'll be buying a transfer case soon if you don't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts