Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to find out who has added a steering stabilizer on their JK? Does it help with tightening up the steering? I have never installed one on any of my Jeeps that I have owned in the past, never felt I needed it.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
I have one because I broke the oem stabilizer. Not necessary unless you break it.

Best to relocate it if you wheel. $30 for the bracket.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The stock one works.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I went with a FOX stabalizer tuned for the JK. It is VERY heavy. Unless you have 35" or larger tires and drive at high speeds over the desert as I do, it's not necessary. The OEM stabalizer was junk for my needs. Most people wont even need one.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Looking to find out who has added a steering stabilizer on their JK? Does it help with tightening up the steering? I have never installed one on any of my Jeeps that I have owned in the past, never felt I needed it.
Added one? You mean replaced the stock one right? Or has someone pinched yours.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Would a SS help me keep my super swamper boggers from wandering all over the road while driving at high speeds?

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
WatchThis! said:
Stabilizer no, but you can bet your butt there is no transfer of wheel wobble threw the tierod .
What hydro set up is that?

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I went with a FOX stabalizer tuned for the JK. It is VERY heavy. Unless you have 35" or larger tires and drive at high speeds over the desert as I do, it's not necessary. The OEM stabalizer was junk for my needs. Most people wont even need one.
Me too (Fox)- though it didn't strike me as heavy.. Fox has a new one that is totally adjustable-is that what you have? Jealous if you do. Agree that you only need it for certain circumstances and that stock works just fine.

(Where are you running? Anza? I have a similiar set-up and I'd like to do some high-speed stuff. Getting out to Ocotillo for the T Day run but I think I'll be alone in wanting to play with speed. Any suggestions? If so can you PM me?)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts