Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
53,783 Posts
A quality single is more them enough. The hot shots when get on and say you don't even need one. Keep in mind .. Some aftermarket gas stabs will push the jeep a bit to the right. A popular inexpensive upgrade is the TF 9550.
Edit: if you wheel, it's a good idea to run the stab over the tie rod. You can buy a kit or shock of your choice and a track bar bracket.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't have one for the longest time, but it seems to be safer when I have the little ones in the back seat. I was just gonna upgrade over stock, and wanted some opinions.

·
Premium Member
12,477 Posts
I'm not a fan of aftermarket steering stabilizers. At best, they provide a marginally smoother ride. At worst, they mask larger problems with steering. Stick with the stock version till it breaks.

·
Premium Member
53,783 Posts
Keep in mind .. 2 door/4 door. A 2 door IMO greatly benefits with a stab up front. I run the ATS (overkill I know) and everything up front is new.
Ball joints, tie rod, drag link, TB bracket, high steer. I still find a stab to greatly improve handling, especially over such shitty roads here in CT.

·
Premium Member
12,477 Posts
Keep in mind .. 2 door/4 door. A 2 door IMO greatly benefits with a stab up front. I run the ATS (overkill I know) and everything up front is new.
Ball joints, tie rod, drag link, TB bracket, high steer. I still find a stab to greatly improve handling, especially over such shitty roads here in CT.
I'm not convinced. As far as I'm concerned, the benefit isn't worth the cost.

Of course, this from a guy who has only once run an SS other than stock. :)

Nevertheless, that's my view, and I'm sticking, bull-headed, to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.