Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to be jumping to 33 Inch tires on a 3.75 Inch total lift, and when I do this I'm going to be replacing my steering system. Manly the joints and Track Bar. My question is do I need to replace the Drag Link Bar also? In regards to the lift or can I keep the stock one and just replace the joints and adjuster bracket? Or is a Pitman Arm need to adjust it due to the lift?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scratch the Pitman Arm Question, I found my answer on another Thread on this site.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
You don't need to replace any steering "joints?" unless they are bad when you do a lift. The ZJ tie rod is a nice upgrade, but the ZJ drag links are the same as the TJ's...just not sure of exactly what you're asking. Definitely use the stock pitman arm.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I'm asking is people use Adjustable track bars for bigger lifts. Is the stock drag link enough or is there one for larger lifts? I'm aware of ZJ upgrade I'm looking into this and other options. But Thank you.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,396 Posts
The stock drag link is, for the most part, up to handling 33" tires. Will your TJ ever see 35" tires?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It will not, 33s are the limit for me. Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
What I'm asking is people use Adjustable track bars for bigger lifts. Is the stock drag link enough or is there one for larger lifts? I'm aware of ZJ upgrade I'm looking into this and other options. But Thank you.
Adjustable track bars are used on taller lifts as a mean of centering the axles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts