Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up my first Jeep a week ago - thrilled :happyyes:! I have the new Polar Edition in blue. My question is regarding the steering wheel. I'm 5'11' with long legs! The ergonomics don't suite my build at all! (not that that has turned me off loving the vehicle!) I was wondering if there was any way to move the steering wheel forward?? Any ideas would be very welcome. Thanks :wavey:

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
This is the YJ section of the forum. YJ didn't come in a polar edition, no matter what color it is. I believe you want to be in the JK part or the forum.

But in answering your question, You wont be able to move your steering wheel forward, no matter what wrangler you own. Specially not one of the "new" plastic edition wranglers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just picked up my first Jeep a week ago - thrilled :happyyes:! I have the new Polar Edition in blue. My question is regarding the steering wheel. I'm 5'11' with long legs! The ergonomics don't suite my build at all! (not that that has turned me off loving the vehicle!) I was wondering if there was any way to move the steering wheel forward?? Any ideas would be very welcome. Thanks :wavey:
I just realized I'm in the wrong section. This can be remedied but I can't say the same for your scathing reply! Not the best first experience of other Jeep owners -- hope this is not the norm.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Lol. Don't take it personal. I'm sure the directness is just so you find the right place to ask the question.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
I don't see where I gave you a "scathing reply". I merely stated the obvious. You were in the wrong section, and you will not be able to move your steering wheel forward. And you have a plastic edition wrangler. nothing scathing about that. I didn't mean to piss you off or rub you the wrong way.

I am a 6' tall guy that is 230lbs, not small in the slightest, and I have a YJ which has much less leg room in it than the newer ones. Although I do have a tilt steering column that allows me to get in and out easier. But its still a pain.

Your JK has oodles of leg room in it, and you are surrounded in plastic hence the "plastic edition wrangler" nothing scathing about that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts