Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my steering wheel with a new stock one. I called a few dealers and one of them said the center bolt in the wheel is a one time use. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Although I do not know for sure this could be true. Especially on a part like the steering wheel. You don't exactly want it falling off. Some bolts or nuts on how they are constructed are designed to only "lock" once. Once you remove it it will not relock like a new one.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
My '13 factory service manual specifies in big BOLD letters, "Do not reuse the old steering wheel bolt (a new bolt must be used) "

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sounds like 100% you need a new one, i have never experienced such a thing but am glad there are so many knowledgeable people here to help.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
OffPavement, where did you get a service manual? I got a 12 JKU an can't seem to locate even the basic Haynes or Chilton ones just for minor services...
It's the factory manual available on CD only as far as I know. Here is the link to order one though they are pretty pricy, mine has paid for itself... TechAuthority Service Manuals

1 - 6 of 6 Posts