Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning when I tried to use the buttons on the left underside of my steering wheel to change my preset stations - they did not work properly.

Instead of changing to the presets it just changed the actual station up or down. This happened on FM setting and SAT.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so any ideas on how to fix it?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I don't recall seeing this issue being posted before. The typical first thing to try when something goes goofy with electrical type stuff is to disconnect the battery terminals for 15 minutes, then try again.

:wavey:

·
Registered
33 Posts
as far as I know, on the left side back the up button will change the station up, the down button will change the station down, and the middle "nipple" button will cycle through the presets. On the right, volume up, volume down, and cycle through sources, respectively.

·
Registered
61 Posts
as far as I know, on the left side back the up button will change the station up, the down button will change the station down, and the middle "nipple" button will cycle through the presets. On the right, volume up, volume down, and cycle through sources, respectively.
Thats how it works for me too

·
Premium Member
7,469 Posts
Has anyone else had this issue and if so any ideas on how to fix it?
Read your owner's manual and press the correct button. :)

From the owner's manual:

Radio Operation

Pressing the top of the switch will “Seek” up for the next
listenable station and pressing the bottom of the switch
will “Seek” down for the next listenable station.
The button located in the center of the left-hand control
will tune to the next preset station that you have programmed
in the radio preset pushbutton.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Personally, I think their logic blows. I don't the use seek feature very often, but I DO scan through my presets. I would much prefer that the two "seek" buttons controlled the presets, while the center button was a seek (I don't care if it were up or down).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lmao!! I cannot believe my total blonde moment. I do not know why I thought up and down moved the presets when I have always used the middle button is the past. I cannot even blame it on the day since it is not Monday :)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
One thing I really liked about switching out the factory head unit and using the iDatalink Maestro module is that I was able to program the buttons to do just what I wanted. The rear left top button now goes up to my next preset, the lower button goes down to the next lower preset...and the center switches preset banks. In my opinion, that's the way it should be from the factory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts