Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a set of seats from my Isuzu trooper into my yj and with the seat moved up so I can reach the peddles my thigh hits the wheel and its hard for me to get out. The problem with this is my right leg is swollen and will never go down so I need to move the steering wheel up. Any ideas. My stock seats were shot and it was the Same way with those.so reinstalling those are not a option. Thank y'all for your help.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Do you have the stock steering wheel? You can get a smaller diameter aftermarket wheel. It may be harder to turn, but at least you'll have more room to get in/out. Even an inch difference will be huge in terms of space. You can't really reposition the steering column unless you get into major modification. Also you can't really lower the seat-slider down any. Changing out the steering wheel should be the most effective way to get more room.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is still the stock wheel I have thought of that but wanted to try and keep it mostly original.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Swap in a tilt column? I've seen pictures of other people on here who cut and welded their seat brackets. There are also lower seat brackets available from Corbeau. Doesn't make sense to say you want to keep it original; original isn't working for you, you gotta make a change!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I guess your correct lol its the whole reason for owning a yj huh. Lol I'll start saving for the lowering seat brackets and tilt. Thanks for halls help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts