Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey, I did my without disconnecting anything. Just pull the bag, carefully unplug both connectors and then lay it bag up. That way if something stupid happens and it deploys... It won't go 50ft in the air.

If you're nervous, you can pull the fuse or do the battery.

I'm a dealer mechanic and never have disabled the system prior to removal.

Just don't put voltage to it
Lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have to admit.......messing with anything around the airbag scares the hell out of me.

I would love to do this as well, since I am not a fan of the bright silver on the steering wheel on my Oscar Mike, but no way do I have the guts to mess with the airbag.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just pulled it out. Still here. I'm painting it a charcoal grey metallic to match the other accents in the int. I did the door handle buckets earlier today and they came out ok.

They look extra sparkly in this pic, maybe the flash?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey, I did my without disconnecting anything. Just pull the bag, carefully unplug both connectors and then lay it bag up. That way if something stupid happens and it deploys... It won't go 50ft in the air.

If you're nervous, you can pull the fuse or do the battery.

I'm a dealer mechanic and never have disabled the system prior to removal.

Just don't put voltage to it
Lol
No kidding. I had the opportunity to cause one to deploy in an experiment in a parking lot. It was placed bag side down. When deployed, it flew many feet into the air. Might not have been 50 ft, but it went pretty [email protected] high.

I didn't fully realize the explosive power and heat generated until I saw one of these deploy in a controlled situation.

·
Registered
600 Posts
No kidding. I had the opportunity to cause one to deploy in an experiment in a parking lot. It was placed bag side down. When deployed, it flew many feet into the air. Might not have been 50 ft, but it went pretty [email protected] high.

I didn't fully realize the explosive power and heat generated until I saw one of these deploy in a controlled situation.
And it makes me cringe when I see people driving with a dog between them and the steering wheel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts