Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my YJ someone was so kind as to relieve the po of his stereo. So when I put in a new head unit in I just used the DIN sleeve that it came with. I would liked to get the OEM steel mount that screws to the metal dash and looks to have a tab on top in back that attaches to something so it is support as well.

With that said I have found some on eBay and wreckers but there looks to be two styles. I have a 94 YJ so what is the correct mount I’m should be looking for. And where does the tab slide into on top?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
This is the style you need, the clip slides onto a piece of sheet metal hanging down near the firewall.

Most stereos come with countersink style screws, they don’t work very well to attach the stereo to the bracket, head to you local Ace and pick up some standard matching sheet metal screws and trim them a bit.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect. Now any have one they don’t want? Lol

·
Los Angeles
989 Posts
Your new stereo has a CD player? I don't use CDs so bought a "multi media receiver" that does not have a CD. It is shorter and much lighter.

I can't see any logic in a CD in a 4x4 rig, with all of the skipping.

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Richnsteph. I have been watching that listing for a while now. Was hoping I could find one cheaper but nothing popped up. And the usual Jeep wreckers want $20 to $25 plus tax and shipping. So I just pulled the trigger on the eBay one.

Reactions: RichnSteph
1 - 7 of 7 Posts