Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happened about a week ago, the steering wheel controls stopped working and the stereo went to 0 volume then climbed to Max volume by itself. When I parked and shut the Jeep off the stereo screen stayed on but the sound was off for the regular speakers. The amp and subs were still on and playing music. I had to pull the fuse to get it to shut off. I put the fuse in a few days later and everything worked again. I got home today and shut the Jeep off and it happened again.
I haven't done any work on the Jeep in a while. No electrical work or mechanical.
I thought the stereo was going bad but I don't think that would make the amp stay on like that.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It happened about a week ago, the steering wheel controls stopped working and the stereo went to 0 volume then climbed to Max volume by itself. When I parked and shut the Jeep off the stereo screen stayed on but the sound was off for the regular speakers. The amp and subs were still on and playing music. I had to pull the fuse to get it to shut off. I put the fuse in a few days later and everything worked again. I got home today and shut the Jeep off and it happened again.
I haven't done any work on the Jeep in a while. No electrical work or mechanical.
I thought the stereo was going bad but I don't think that would make the amp stay on like that.

My guess is the clock spring for the steering wheel controls has gone bad

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,518 Posts
Hi sethg1981,
We're sorry to hear about this. Are you considering having your dealer take a look? Please feel free to reach out to us via PM if you need any assistance throughout your dealer visit.
Alex
JeepCares

·
Registered
310 Posts
I to guess the Clock Spring. They have an extended warranty on them for something like 10 years 150,000 miles. I think it is 2012 up. Worth a goggle and check on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts