Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I have the 730 media center with nav and bluetooth works great but making calls fro voice commands is tricky still havent figured out how to make calls by saying persons name even tho i have them saved in my phonebook i can say the number and it calls but doesnt like the name idk?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thaduke2003 said:
Just a user-beware notice- they do attract a LOT of attention, and getting into a locked Wrangler isn't exactly hard- Mark W.
Well I was hoping that some if them come with a detachable face.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unfortunately just found out that unless I spend a large amount of money I can not install a double din stereo - I didn't do my research. So it's either a flip out or the 730 for my 2011 Wrangler Unlimited... anyone wanna throw in here?

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
I have the 730 media center with nav and bluetooth works great but making calls fro voice commands is tricky still havent figured out how to make calls by saying persons name even tho i have them saved in my phonebook i can say the number and it calls but doesnt like the name idk?
When you say saved in your phonebook, do you mean you verbally made phonebook entries, or phonebook/contacts get downloaded into a folder everytime you enter the JK and your phone connects to Uconnect?

I've said it before on here, just because your phone pairs and allows you to make/receive calls doesn't mean it is 100% compatible.

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
Unfortunately just found out that unless I spend a large amount of money I can not install a double din stereo - I didn't do my research. So it's either a flip out or the 730 for my 2011 Wrangler Unlimited... anyone wanna throw in here?
Why is that? Double DIN stereos are generally in the same price range as singles- Mark W.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why is that? Double DIN stereos are generally in the same price range as singles- Mark W.
The installation of a double din would require quite a bit of work, and I bought one thinking it would fit. Just pointing out that the flip out or 730 is the way to go if he's going to get one.

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
Umm, there's only about 30 seconds more work to fit a double-DIN than a single- not sure where you got that it's any more work from, but it's quite untrue. Running a double DIN on mine, and it fits beautifully- Mark W.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Really!

OK, I'm quite obviously uninformed and a newb at most things pertaining to vehicles and it's audio equipment.

The people I've been talking to out here told me I would have to fiberglass the middle panel, or cut it up. Granted the people I've talked to are from Fry's Electronics and an independently owned audio installation store. Also, I have found a couple threads saying the same thing.

I would be ecstatic if I could get this stereo in and not have to return it. I'm not a fan of the motorized ones. Wrangler is going to hook me up with some pics of his when he gets a chance, and it's much appreciated. Anyone have a sort of walk through thread?

I'll start googling a little more.

:hijacked: sorry

BTW I spent all weekend trying to find someone to install this damn thing. :banghead:

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
I haven't worked on the 2011 yet, but it looks like it's definitely still the same double DIN dash opening. I can't imagine they've changed much behind there. I'd pull the stocker, and look into it. Shouldn't be too different, though- Mark W.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
My wife has a 2010 also and i installed this one and as someone else said there is a metal bracket you have to remove - avh-pioneer 3200 bt

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tmclaugh said:
OK, I'm quite obviously uninformed and a newb at most things pertaining to vehicles and it's audio equipment.

The people I've been talking to out here told me I would have to fiberglass the middle panel, or cut it up. Granted the people I've talked to are from Fry's Electronics and an independently owned audio installation store. Also, I have found a couple threads saying the same thing.

I would be ecstatic if I could get this stereo in and not have to return it. I'm not a fan of the motorized ones. Wrangler is going to hook me up with some pics of his when he gets a chance, and it's much appreciated. Anyone have a sort of walk through thread?

I'll start googling a little more.

:hijacked: sorry

BTW I spent all weekend trying to find someone to install this damn thing. :banghead:
What do u mean fiberglass or cut it up?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts