Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've tried searching for this everywhere, but can't find anything that relates to stereo install or potential problems. After installing my aftermarket stereo with wire harness I get the no bus reading with the cluster dying, I have tried turning the car off and on, disconnecting negative terminal and reconnecting, all the traditional no bus fixes when it comes to the CPU. Has anyone else had this problem or can offer another potential fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
is it grounded properly

·
Registered
59 Posts
The bus is grounded. I had the same problem with a Dakota a few weeks ago. On that vehicle the owner put in an aftermarket radio and left the brown wire (bus) exposed causing it to ground out. Check and make sure all the wires behind the radio are taped and no wires are grounding out.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
It sounds like a wiring problem. I would check the wires to make sure nothing is cross connected on the stereo and that it is properly grounded. Sometimes, when the stock radio is removed, the ground is no longer actually connected to the chassis. Maybe even remove, the radio power and the radio ground connection, to be sure that the radio is actually the problem.

Sometimes, people don't disconnect the battery when putting in a radio, and it may have shorted out the radio too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey mate thanks for the reply

the radio works when i just have the accessories on...
would it hurt if i ground the radio independently?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts