Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Today was really cold and as I was driving I got it to forth and as soon as I shifted to 4th the stick popped out. I put it back in and it stuck, but it got me nervous, so while I was crusing I gave it a little pressure to see if it would come out of gear while driving, while the cluth was NOT engaged and it popped right out of gear.

I then placed it into 3rd like normal engaging the clutch to see if 3rd would pop out. and after releasing the cluth pedal and crusing I gave 3rd some pressure and it popped out to neutral, again my foot was NOT on the clutch.

Anyone have any idea?

'91 Renegade, 120k miles.

·
Registered
79 Posts
wat was your rpm at cause i can pull out of any gear if its at a low enough rpm and its really easy when its at about 800rpm

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't remember honestly. hmmm, I'm hoping it was just cold weather. It didn't pop out today (without me trying to force it or anything).

So...maybe I'll just let her warm up a bit.

·
Registered
551 Posts
You can pull out of any gear if there isn't a load on the transmission. If you match the revs you can shift without the clutch at all. As far as popping out when cold, it could be that your shifter boot was stiff and put enough pressure on the stick to pop it out. Probably nothing to worry about :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts