Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for removing stickers but just got a hundred threads on removing the decals on the body. Anyway,

There is a Jeep I'm interested in, however it has some stickers on the back window of the soft top. The PO (or the dealer) tried to remove one, only got half of it off and left a lot of stickyness behind. I guess they didnt bother with the other sticker after that.

Removing stickers off of glass or body panels is easy, is it any differant on a plastic window? Obviously cant do the razor blade method.

Any tips if I end up getting it?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hmm, you don't want to use any heat (like a hairblower) or chemicals (like nailpolish remover) on a plastic window. How about just leaving it in water for a couple of hours and then try to take it of with your nails and a spunge for the sticky remains?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Several years ago I removed one off of the clear storm curtains on my center console boat by using a razor blade to pull up just enough of the sticker to get a tweeser onto and then use a peice of gause (because it is soft but a bit rough) soak the gause with GOO adhesive remover and pull up on the sticker with the tweesers while swabbing the area under and softening the adhesive as you keep pulling back and swabbing until the sticker is off. The Goo did not affect the clear plastic, but you should probably put a small dab on a inconspicuous area on the inside of the window, to make sure it doesnt haze up. Or alcohol would be safe, but probably more labor intensive.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
You can use chemicals. Just make sure to wash them off very quickly and very well. I've used goof off and goo gone on my soft top windows. Goof off is much stronger but obviously it isn't great for the window so you be the judge on how strong of a solvent you need

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just remember to use a clean, soft cloth with that goo gone. I used it to remove sticker sticky and although it worked fine, I ended up with a little grit that was stuck to the old sticky make a bit of a swirl on the plastic... I was able to buff it out with the Meguires plastic cleaner! Cheers!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Just curious if anyone wanted to add to the tips already here...I have some sticker removal to be done and, I'll be honest, it scares me a little on the soft top windows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts