Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 yrs on this old Comanche engine and it finally died. after my build with frenz took a break on jeeps.
Now I'm back at it, doing my own jeeps .picked up a Cherokee 2dr and redoing the Y J. and yes thats another 2.5 going in a fresh KBS painted frame.
thought the engine would look good Cat Yellow.
doing a few small power mods nothing wild ,cant get wild with the 2.5 anyhow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, the bumper is from Trail Tubes. along with the fenders. Rick will bend up the tubes and you just weld them up, tubes only.you have to supply the rest .I used 18 GA steel on the fenders and 2x6 square tubing for the front bumper. He should be at the Bantam Jeep fest again this year.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Love the CAT yellow! I'm rebuilding a GM 4.3 to replace my 2.5 and was thinking about painting it CAT yellow with black accessories. Looks better than I thought.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Help ,
not sure whats up with this but here it is.
95 wrangler lock cylinder
mine is shot . ordered one from AZ got a few weeks ago .
finally got a chance to work on the jeep.
upon opening up the column find screws missing in muti position switch.
finally get the dang ignition switch out and is not even close to what i have new from AZ

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its a late 95 ,could Jeep of used what ever was left before the retooling of the plant ?

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
its a late 95 ,could Jeep of used what ever was left before the retooling of the plant ?
My guess, it was a 97 tj part come out early., like your tailgate hinges.

Google pics of the 97 lock cylinder, and its part number, you may find they look like yours

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the correct lock cylinder yesterday. AZ just has the wrong part listed for a 95 yj.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts