Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 07 JKUR.
4" Currie Lift
AEV Geo Correction brackets.
Currie Front adjustable track bar
Currie Track bar bracket Front and Rear
Synergy Drag Link Flip
Etc.

Fought DW for a month or so and finally resolved that through ball joints etc.

Here's some pictures of my front end. Any suggestions are welcome.

ForumRunner_20140423_045138.jpg

ForumRunner_20140423_045121.jpg

ForumRunner_20140423_045110.jpg

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And when I say bump steer I mean it. The geo correction brackets helped a lot along with the drag link flip. But I'm still getting wandering on uneven roads, dips, bumps, things of that sort jerk the wheel around if I'm not holding tight.

I have the toe in at 3/16 on 35 bfg at's
Castor is in the ball park I think. I have been adjusting a lot recently with the upper control arms and track bar trying to get everything true and center.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Your draglink and trackbar are not parallel which will cause bumpsteer.. Do you have a drop pitman arm on there as well as the draglink flip?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
The Currie is a solid lift kit, but root of your challenge is that you selected a fairly large lift, at least for a JK and a lift kit that is not optimized for handling and ride. Then you added some parts to correct some of the deficiencies of the design. This improved the ride and handling but may not enough for your preferences. It's a complex geometry problem needs to be addressed when the lift kit is designed. Their party products may improve the geometry, but it is highly unlikely they will be the best match.

Part of the steering wander may be due to your tires tracking unevenness and small ruts on the road. The steering may not get to point you expect it to, even a stock Jeep has some Bump/Roll Steer.

·
Super Moderator
53,781 Posts
You can't go by looking at the Steering angles. From mounting point to mounting point if you were to draw a line.

My 2 door is pretty complete up front. Never going to be perfect.

Caster is in the ballpark you think ?
The brackets already fix caster. Are you sure you don't have enough or too much adjusting arms ?

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I have 0 bumpster at 4" lift with the TF monster trackbar and AEV draglink flip /SS relocation kit. My trackbar and draglink are parallel. Due to the weird bends in trackbars the only way to determine the trackbar angle is to draw a line as in the photo above.. Both should be parallel, if not, you have bumpsteer.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your draglink and trackbar are not parallel which will cause bumpsteer.. Do you have a drop pitman arm on there as well as the draglink flip?

Thanks for doing the drawing. No I decided to put the stock pitman arm back on when doing the drag link flip.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Currie is a solid lift kit, but root of your challenge is that you selected a fairly large lift, at least for a JK and a lift kit that is not optimized for handling and ride. Then you added some parts to correct some of the deficiencies of the design. This improved the ride and handling but may not enough for your preferences. It's a complex geometry problem needs to be addressed when the lift kit is designed. Their party products may improve the geometry, but it is highly unlikely they will be the best match.

Part of the steering wander may be due to your tires tracking unevenness and small ruts on the road. The steering may not get to point you expect it to, even a stock Jeep has some Bump/Roll Steer.
I am just trying to be a perfectionist I guess. I understand the risk I took when going for a lift of that size, that's why I chose Currie. I guess I need to sit down with my buddies and fabricate a better bracket for the track arm mount.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can't go by looking at the Steering angles. From mounting point to mounting point if you were to draw a line.

My 2 door is pretty complete up front. Never going to be perfect.

Caster is in the ballpark you think ?
The brackets already fix caster. Are you sure you don't have enough or too much adjusting arms ?
Well I had left CA's where the were from the alignment shop when I recently installed the AEV geo brackets. Then I realized I may have a little too much caster because my springs were bending backwards under flex. So I have been dialing it out little by little.

Good post Spin

OP... How high is the rear TB bracket? Handling is greatly benefited w/ a higher rear roll center.
(Understeer)
Rear track bar bracket matches the front, although I'm using a RE trackbar in the back.

·
Super Moderator
53,781 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you positive there's no play where the knuckle was drilled ? Did you ream or use a adapter ?

Assuming your front track bar bracket is 3" to match the flip... The angles should be fine.
Plenty of people running 4-5" lift and steering correction, all TB brackets I know if raise 3"
I used a drill bit and the adapter and there is no slop.
Although I could barely get the stud down far enough to get the cotter pin through. I cant remember the torque spec but I had to go beyond it to get the hole uncovered by the knuckle.

Take a closer look at the picture and you'll see what I'm talking about.

·
Super Moderator
53,781 Posts
Needs to be seated more.

A lot of folks had issues drilling the knuckle. SYnergy has changed their instructions like 3 times already.

Looking at the lines in that pic. with the TRE seated properly that angle would better match up with the track bar.
I'm no geometry wiz, but A 1/4" over the length of the drag link is magnified a good amount.

Pull that end and measure the hole. I'm pretty sure it's going to be small. What bit did you use ?

Call or go to Synergy's site and request the smaller adapter, assuming you received the 7/8 which doesn't always work.

I just installed a synergy drag link. The jeep already had AEV's adapter/flip. The TRE would not fit at all. She bought the 13/16 adapter. It dropped right in and TRE fit perfect.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Good luck getting that adapter - no one had it. I got the last one 4wd.com had. Everyone I called said it was discontinued, though Synergy said they are still making it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just went at it and torqued it as far as I could with the room given. Does this look close?

And as far as the sizing goes I have their latest version

ForumRunner_20140423_161227.jpg

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just went for a test drive and it is almost 100% better. Still a little feedback in the wheel but it seems pretty minor. Now I'll dial in the caster to be positive everything is on its mark and I'll be a happy camper.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow ... ^ it does look better. I just never seen a correction kit set the angles incorrect.
With the tie rod in the way I could only tighten it down with a wrench originally. Plus I followed the torque spec.

Today when I pulled the cotter pin out there was hardly any network left on the nut. I then tightend it down using a box end wrench and use my feet as leverage and tightened it down as hard as I could. I'm afraid to go any farther due to the original torque spec.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts