Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Doesn't seem too bad. Offer 15-18 hundred, replace the coil or ignition control module, that's probably why there is no spark. Most likely the Ignition Control Module, and you're on your way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Any chance you could buy newer? Or are you sold on the idea of buying an early model and fixing it up.

I know a lot of Jeep owners who are not too big on the square headlight years.

·
Administrator
12,546 Posts
YJ's are fine... is this a 6 or a 4? I would look for a 91 or newer 6 as it will have fuel injection. As for the jeep itself.. offer 1k and see what he says if you set on it. Also looks to have something hanging below the body. Consider if it was an easy fix why would he not fix it and get and extra 1000 bucks????

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
YJ's are fine... is this a 6 or a 4? I would look for a 91 or newer 6 as it will have fuel injection. As for the jeep itself.. offer 1k and see what he says if you set on it. Also looks to have something hanging below the body. Consider if it was an easy fix why would he not fix it and get and extra 1000 bucks????
all good points. i personally don't think i'd buy anything not running unless i diagnosed why. who knows why that thing won't run, could be a 10 dollar fix, or a 500 or more, sky is the limit. i don't think its worth 2 grand not running.

i'd also focus on 91 and up 4.0

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
go away, round eyes.......does the house go with it?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Any chance you could buy newer? Or are you sold on the idea of buying an early model and fixing it up.

I know a lot of Jeep owners who are not too big on the square headlight years.
You do know your on the YJ forum :flipoff: LOL

X2 91 and up 6 cyl

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd say give'er... but then again I bought an 89 for 200$ and it isn't worth much more!

·
after birthday glow
1,963 Posts
i dont know that i would pay 2k for it .but it does look from the surface to be in preaty good shape, actually a twin to my own jeep the biggest thing is to check that frame.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I wouldn't. I picked up my wifes 90 with excellent interior and running for 2700.00. With just a couple minor repairs. unless you are planning on possibly spending some money and time, I would find a Running wrangler. $2000.00 is too much for a garage queen unless your talking a Willy's or Cj.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Run and run fast...they know what is wrong with it and if they dont they are so pissed off at it they are willing to un load it on some one else..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts