Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new '16 JKU Rubicon about 2 weeks ago and it's time for upgrades.

I know after reading, people say if you don't do proper upgrades when running 37's the Jeep will basically explode and kill a bus load of children and puppies.

So, since a 325/60/20 is roughly a 36" Tire, prob. closer to 35" when mounted and on the Jeep, are the axle upgrades still needed?

The Jeep will be driven on-road and on the beach, not beaten on at all.

I just wanna give the pumpkins the most ground clearance as possible, because in some spots I'm gonna go, the sand is very fluffy and thick, so you're gonna sink in, and start dragging them.

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
I got a new '16 JKU Rubicon about 2 weeks ago and it's time for upgrades.

I know after reading, people say if you don't do proper upgrades when running 37's the Jeep will basically explode and kill a bus load of children and puppies.

So, since a 325/60/20 is roughly a 36" Tire, prob. closer to 35" when mounted and on the Jeep, are the axle upgrades still needed?

The Jeep will be driven on-road and on the beach, not beaten on at all.

I just wanna give the pumpkins the most ground clearance as possible, because in some spots I'm gonna go, the sand is very fluffy and thick, so you're gonna sink in, and start dragging them.
Just gusset the C's and you'll be fine keeping it on the streets and the beach. At some point you'll probably wanna do chromoly shafts in the rear (the flanges are prone to bending with larger tires).

I have an extra set of upper C gussets (RK). I can send them to you if you cover shipping. PM me if you're interested.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Just gusset the C's and you'll be fine keeping it on the streets and the beach. At some point you'll probably wanna do chromoly shafts in the rear (the flanges are prone to bending with larger tires). I have an extra set of upper C gussets (RK). I can send them to you if you cover shipping. PM me if you're interested.
Yep and awesome gesture :thumb:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just gusset the C's and you'll be fine keeping it on the streets and the beach. At some point you'll probably wanna do chromoly shafts in the rear (the flanges are prone to bending with larger tires).

I have an extra set of upper C gussets (RK). I can send them to you if you cover shipping. PM me if you're interested.
Did he take you up on that offer? If not, I will! I'm currently on 35x12.5x18 but I want to get 20s and go with the 325/60/20 KO2.

Anyone have pics of this tire installed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts