Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No wonder why I broke my Snap-On -and- Craftsman T-20 torx bits, the previous owner thread-locked the TPS screws! I had to remove the TB and cut off the heads, now I'm trying to extract the studs.

First question: Is it ok to re-use the rubber TB gasket? It looks ok like not scratched or anything, just a little dirty.

Second Question: What is the best way to clean the TB now that I have it removed? There's a lot gunk built up in the IAC housing, the sensor is pretty gummy.

Thanks. Oh and please don't thread lock small torx screws, replace them with hex heads first if its that important to not loosen up lol.

Auto part

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carb cleaner sounds good, thanks man. I'll get new gaskets too I guess, don't want any leaks now that everything's getting overhauled lol.

I just heated the studs up with a concentrated Map gas torch and the lock-tite appears to be mostly gone.

Does anyone know what size thread they would be? It's a little bit smaller than 1/4"x 20. I hope it's not metric...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Use TB cleaner and take a wire brush and scrub the TB really good. I just did mine and it was almost black, after I got done, looked like a brand new part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts