Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 JKU has stock 17" wheels, is it possible to go to 15", or 16"? I'm being told no, from som people because of brake clearance, etc. not sure. Help

·
Registered
193 Posts
From what I have read, 15" alloys with proper backspacing will fit, 15" steel wheels will not.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I thought it could be done, but the local tire guy was arguing with me, time to look for another shop !

·
Registered
75 Posts
your right on the shop part. some are just not in tune. why 15" great if your going to run a 35/1250R15 with a 3" lift. they float like you wouldn't believe but your on road properties will decrease. i would only do that for flotation reasons like in the desert. those tires are only 6ply rated and don't have the cut resistance has other tires in 16 or 17. if its a daily driver stay 17" as your fuel economy will decrease. also remember the 15" will stick way out so if its stock with no lift might look a little funny with small tires sticking way out. also the 15" tire side walls are more flexable, great for off highway but on road the steering will be a bit sloppy and mushy feeling. cause and effect. time to rethink on how you want it to perform.
good wheeling, drf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts