Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
April - 2013 - first upgrade

:bop::bop: WILL BE MY SMITTY FRONT BUMPER. I picked it up for $400 off craigslist and installed the same day. My best friend works for Nissan so I buy him lunch & he puts all my stuff on for me.

:bop:

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
September - 2013 - second upgrade

WILL BE MY ROLL CAGE.

I took the ugly looking padding off and wrapped it with 3/4 black tie off rope and
true 550 cord for about $20 a poll for all the rope. I used 60ft of the 3/4 and 50ft of the 550 cord and it took me about 2hrs for one bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
September - 2013 - upgraded wheels and tires

This is my favorite upgrade yet!! $500 off craigslist for all 5 wheels & tires.

The same day I put them on I was looking for some hills and ended up finding some nasty muck that said "F you", your not going anywhere! Luckily I live in a country town and their are 4x4's everywhere. just walked up the road and found someone with in 10min. Pulled me right out.

I have a ENGO EPF12000S winch on order and should be here in about a week. I will update once it comes in. I cant wait!

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
September - 2013 - upgraded antenna?

This is something a friend and I did while changing my wheels and tires. chopped about 1ft off, painted it black, and added a little friend to keep me company.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
oooook

·
Registered
269 Posts
You were good up until the Bambi on the antenna....

I do like the rope in place of that cheap padding. Looks a lot cleaner.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
September 24th - WINCH

Soooo after about 2 hours of installing, a friend and I finally got it mounted. It only took 2 hours because we thought the "ground wire" was to short and could not attached it anywhere on the jeep, so we drove around to find an extension for it and when we got back realized its color coated and attaches to the winch it self...... :banghead: :banghead: anyways, I did have to re-spool it because it was already tangled in it self but it did not take long and it was fun using it.

securedownload.jpg
securedownload (5).jpg
securedownload (4).jpg
securedownload (2).jpg
securedownload (3).jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts