Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my stock 29 tires taken from my 15 wrangler on kijiji for sale. First i asked for 500$, no one responded now someone wants to take them for $350. 4 tires with 4000 kms and the spare is new. They are mounted on the steel stock wheels. How much are these worth? I have a feeling $350 is way too cheap!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry i have to bump this up, i need to know so I can message the guy. Just want to make sure the price im asking is not too low.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
In most cases you would be hard pressed to give them away so I would take it. Most look for the much larger and more agressive Rubi take offs. I sold 4 of my Rubi take offs for 450 bucks and that took 3 months on Kijiji they are worth way more then the dinky 29's so I would jump on it if i were you.

·
Super Moderator
16,380 Posts
Here in AZ the 16" steel wheels are $10-15 each and the whole set would get about $300... We can buy the alloy 17 and 18 wheels and 32" tires for $450.

Rubi wheels and tires bring $1000+

·
Registered
176 Posts
I sold a set of stock tires to a guy unmounted for $200 and sold the wheel to a scarp dealer for $11 per 100.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I sold my 5 stock tires/rims (GY Wrangler SRA in size 255/75/17) with no TPMS for $500. They 4 on the ground had less than 650 miles.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
^Those are far more desirable even though they're still SRAs. A lot more people want 32s on 17s than 29s on 16s. At least with our bolt pattern.

Nobody in their right mind wants the babby tires/wheels. If I could get $350 for mine I'd be stoked.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Dinky tires dinky money, keep them for your winter set and if your buying new ones run them in the nice months of the year. Saving mileage on the new rubber they will last longer and your rims will look like new always.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
$350 is about right. $50 per tire + $20 per rim

·
Registered
158 Posts
When I took my 29's off, I put them on my wife's Kia Sedona Mini Van. They were almost the exact same size as the factory tire size on the van. The Kia's tires were 225/70/16 and mine were 225/75/16, so they were 1" taller which wasn't a big deal and I only had them on my Jeep for 2000 miles, so she got basically a brand new set of tires on the van. I have 1 left, the spare that was on the back and I have been trying to sell it and only asking $50 for it and it's brand new and I can't find anyone that wants it. Doesn't seem to me, like they are in high demand....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guy
i have a feeling the guy who was buying my tires is a member here, he is not responding to my text messages/emails anymore lol :doh:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sold it for 300$, the person who bought it had a 4 doors 07 JK. She had nice tires on not sure why she bought a set of new tires. Her tires had lots of tread left.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts