Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after I lift my jeep what do I do with my 15 year old stock springs?
They are good, I guess, ...not bent....not rusted(AZ).
Do I throw them away? List them on Craigslist?....What's a fair price?
$500.00 :rofl:, $100.00, $ FREE ect. Are these used for anything? Toss them in the bottom of a lake?

Thanks for everyones help.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Mine went to the curb.. Now you could take then to a metal scrap yard and get some money I suppose.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine went to the curb.. Now you could take then to a metal scrap yard and get some money I suppose.
Well in this economy I could use any extra $$ I can get, but don't mind giving them away if there is any use for them. I'd hate to toss them only to find out someone has a use for 'em.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I posted an ad in Craigslist. Someone contacted me within 5 min and offered me $50.00. I countered with $50.00, a 6 pack of beer and a box of bandaids. So I sold them and they are not even off yet. I guess I could have gotten more but then again I would have taken less also.

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts
Yard art.
Ive got a pair of coil spring sitting around. im trying to think of what i can make with them. maybe a new mail box post. that would be neat.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I posted an ad in Craigslist. Someone contacted me within 5 min and offered me $50.00. I countered with $50.00, a 6 pack of beer and a box of bandaids. So I sold them and they are not even off yet. I guess I could have gotten more but then again I would have taken less also.
Yep - u shoulda held out 4 a 12pack...:>}

·
Registered
138 Posts
Excellent! I need to get my springs and the 4 RS5000's out of the back of my truck and on Craigslist too!

T

1 - 11 of 11 Posts