Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so today I decided to modify my factory air intake box by cutting all the baffles in the lid portion on the box and I threw in a rugged ridge synthetic dry filter as well and it really changed the sound of the intake by getting rid of all that extra material, it kind of sounds like a Cai . Not sure if any one else has done this but I'm pretty pleased with the sound now.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
When i had my silverado ss i had heard of people doing this on theirs. A lot of extra plastic in the bottom of the box and such and guys would grind them down flush.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Was there any noticeable difference?

So K, what happened to the fox shocks et. al?

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey guys so today I decided to modify my factory air intake box by cutting all the baffles in the lid portion on the box and I threw in a rugged ridge synthetic dry filter as well and it really changed the sound of the intake by getting rid of all that extra material, it kind of sounds like a Cai . Not sure if any one else has done this but I'm pretty pleased with the sound now.
Believe it or not those baffles are best left alone. I was once having a motorcycle dyno tuned and we tired a lid with the baffles cut off. Immediately lost hp and torque. We were surprised. Evidently those baffles affect turbulence and air flow in ways you dont expect.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I got the same results only by adding the same filter you did. I wasn't expecting a difference, but I noticed the sound change immediately. The exhaust was definitely "throatier" and the whine around 3000rpm was gone.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I put up pics tomarro and I noticed a little better throttle response but I also have a diablo trinity on my jeep, but I love to sound.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts