Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone modified their plastic air damn to work with a aftermarket bumper? I saw a jeep here locally at a dealer with a rampage recovery bumper that still had the plastic damn

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
You can trim and cut it any way you like.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
What's with all the damn questions? Do we look like we have all the damn answers? :D
Sorry. That was just too easy to pass up. Carry on...

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
I thought I gave a good dam answer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have modified my air dam and reinstalled with my Rampage Recovery Bumper. I reinstalled the air dam after I had mounted my bumper. To fit, I turned it around and grinder of a half inch or so of the front facing edge to fit. Looks great. I will provide a picture later.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I think the air dam isn't practical. If you're going to an off road front bumper, or you already have one, then why not get a real front skid plate. But yes, you can trim it or remove it.

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
I was on the trail and got stuck in the mud, I had to back up and when I did I tore the air damn off. I haven't replaced it and it doesn't seem to have effected my highway MPG as long as I stay under 70. If I keep it at 60 -65 mph I average 22 mpg, it's rather easy to do in Florida as every interstate is always under construction.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have modified my air dam and reinstalled with my Rampage Recovery Bumper. I reinstalled the air dam after I had mounted my bumper. To fit, I turned it around and grinder of a half inch or so of the front facing edge to fit. Looks great. I will provide a picture later.

My apologies, I was referring to the plastic piece (which I do not know what it is called)on the top side of the bumper not the air dam below.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ohhh, that's the damn filler plate. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts