Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading reviews and this forum, I have only found light bars that fit the stock front bumper that are a PIA to install. Anyone using one that was a simple install that didn't require cutting or drilling? Any other recommendations? Cash-strapped right now. Hate to buy the Mopar one but maybe it's the best fit? Or maybe just go with windshield mounted lights?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I've got the Rugged-Ridge light bar on my JKU. Easy to install and no cutting/modification needed.
Just so you know; the Mopar, Olympic and Rugged-Ridge light bars for the factory bumper are all the same.

Attachments

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
After reading reviews and this forum, I have only found light bars that fit the stock front bumper that are a PIA to install. Anyone using one that was a simple install that didn't require cutting or drilling? Any other recommendations? Cash-strapped right now. Hate to buy the Mopar one but maybe it's the best fit? Or maybe just go with windshield mounted lights?
The Lifetime LED Light Bar Grill Mount is my personal favorite way to mount a light on a JK. If you like the look PM me and I'll get a quote on the mount and a Raxiom 21.5 LED Light Bar!

-Ryan

·
Registered
279 Posts
I wouldn't worry about cutting up the front bumper if it's a cost issue, they are all over the forum, had another member literally give me one for free.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got the Rugged-Ridge light bar on my JKU. Easy to install and no cutting/modification needed. Just so you know; the Mopar, Olympic and Rugged-Ridge light bars for the factory bumper are all the same.
GREAT looking color, is that amp'd?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Even on a 2012? Where do you put the brackets through?

The Rugged-Ridge light bar does not require any cutting to install(or drilling).[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
325 Posts
It attaches to where the bumper bolts to the frame. You do not have to do any cutting to make it fit. BUT if you want the little plastic thing that sits behind the bumper, between the grill and bumper, you'll have to cut that down.

I took mine off, and at first really wanted to fix it, but now I am used to it, and don't mind the look.

old pic, but shows you what I got none the less

·
Registered
684 Posts
It attaches to where the bumper bolts to the frame. You do not have to do any cutting to make it fit. BUT if you want the little plastic thing that sits behind the bumper, between the grill and bumper, you'll have to cut that down.

I took mine off, and at first really wanted to fix it, but now I am used to it, and don't mind the look.

old pic, but shows you what I got none the less
The flat plastic filler piece between the bumper and grill can stay. The light bar brackets are formed to slot around it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts