Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to find a replacement part for this end piece on a 2018 stock bumper. MOPAR will only sell the entire bumper. Any suggestions on where I might find just the end part? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
The bumper is one piece. The Sahara’s have a body colored piece screwed into the center section.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I may be wrong, but if it's like the front, it's one piece. The center color matched part is a cover over the center part of the bumper. Buy or find a plain rear bumper and move the cover from the old to the new.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm looking to find a replacement part for this end piece on a 2018 stock bumper. MOPAR will only sell the entire bumper. Any suggestions on where I might find just the end part? Thanks.
As others have said, the bumpers (front and rear) are one piece. The Sahara have covers, that are held with a few screws, over the middle section.

Sport, Sahara, Rubicon, JK or JKU; they all use the sames plastic bumpers.

The JK plastic bumpers are fragile. If you shop for a used/takeoff one, inspect it carefully.

:)

·
Registered
622 Posts
These are throw aways. I have a spare that came with a set of fenders and a pile of other random JK take-offs from someone who crashed their Jeep and parted out whatever they could. I paid $50 for the whole pile. I put the rear bumper on craigslist for several months for $20 and had zero inquiries.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Instead of replacing, how about using heat gun to warm and soften up the plastic enough for it to pop back into shape?

I dinged and scuffed up the OEM rear bumper on a JKU WW, but it does not bother me enough to fix. Waiting until it is really damaged before moving on to a solid off-road bumper.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Also check EBay. There are a ton of salvage yards with EBay stores now. Hopefully, one of our members has one they will give you. That's how I replaced both of mine.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
2 options:
You can fix it with a mini torch - "white" will go away and the dent can be popped out.
It wont even be noticeable.
Or just buy any fresh rear bumper (40-50$) of craigslist and move your Sahara appliqué to the new bumper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts