Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my bumper fund is going to Walt Disney in a few months. I'm tired of looking at the hunk of plastic on the front, so decided to just use what I got and fab my own up using my stock bumper. Phase one complete. Excuse my welds. Been about a year since I fired up the mig welder. Their respectable but could be better. Going to work on fitting fog lights next.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had some more free time to work on my bumper. I bought a small piece of sheet metal and cut 4" holes in them. I then welded them into the inside of the bumer to fill in the 2 factory cut holes. I cut my fog housings out from plastic bumper and used 4 sheet metal screw to attach them to the 4" holes. That part took quite a bit of trial and error to get everything lined up right. I also had to fab up a vacuum pump relocation bracket to get the driver side fog housing to fit. You will have to cut the front vacuum support bracket out. Took about 30secs with my cutoff wheel. I used some of the metal from the bumper ends I cut off to make the bracket. I also used the factory skid plastic and cut it fit. I'm going to put another coat of paint on it, but for the most part its done. I have about 4-5hrs and $8 for sheet metal and screws. I plan to put a winch on at some point. I may also fab up some d-ring hooks to replace the factor hooks down the road.

·
Registered
215 Posts
This is the best $8.00 bumper I have ever seen. Excellent work! I'd be interested in seeing this with the D rings fab'ed up to it too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the best $8.00 bumper I have ever seen. Excellent work! I'd be interested in seeing this with the D rings fab'ed up to it too.
Ha. Thanks. Baseball season just started so most of my free time will be at t-ball and coach pitch practice and games. When I get them done, I'll post some pics.

Here's another pic I tried to load this morning but photobucket was acting up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts