Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best cleaner for stock fenders? I washed and waxed my jk but the fenders still look dirty and faded

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
Turtle Wax Ice.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Mothers back to black and turtle wax ice

·
Registered
187 Posts
It's a Jeep. It's ok to be dirty as long as it's kept mostly free of caked mud, salt, and sand.

But I did use 303 for her first wash and plan to once every few washes as well.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
303 works best. Turtle Wax Ice is a close second.

I found the Mother B2B to go on nice, but when it gets wet it streaks and looks like doo-doo. Even with morning condensation it will look like tihs after the water dries up.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Trimshine by Stoners.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Well, I see a bunch of trim dressings up there but nothing for actual cleaning. If the dressings don't manage to fix it up (they might) then you can try this Optimum Power Clean at a 10:1 or 3:1 ratio of cleaner:water.

Be careful not to get overspray on your paint. It will NOT hurt the paint, but it WILL take off any wax or sealant you have on it unless you've diluted to 11:1 or greater. Oh, and at 3:1 this stuff makes awesome engine and wheel cleaner :). You can also use it up to 3:1 on all the interior surfaces including finished leather, though I'd recommend 10:1 unless things are really dirty. Also always follow with a damp cloth to remove any residue on interior surfaces.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Baby wipes! Yeah I said it lol they work great on mine to get the mud and grime off the non painted fenders. And afterwards if you like throw some shine on it.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Riccochet said:
303 works best. Turtle Wax Ice is a close second.

I found the Mother B2B to go on nice, but when it gets wet it streaks and looks like doo-doo. Even with morning condensation it will look like tihs after the water dries up.
Honestly. I think the ICE would work best on brand new plastic/rubber.
My jeep is an 07. Fenders are in good shape but not perfect. I tried ICE and absolutely hated it. Did not look like I did anything. Love 303

Mothers B2B is my close 2nd.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts