Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2014 JK and want to get a little more volume out of my stereo. I have the rear sub and I think I have an upgraded Alpine system. I want to add an amp. How can I tell if i have an amp already in the factory set up? I will probably change out all the speakers afterward. I have a small Alpine amp that I bought for my Silverado that I never installed. TIA for the help.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
You already have an amp if you have the sub. Search out the tweeter mod, speaker mod and subwoofer mod. Also you will want to replace the HU. The factory HU's cut the lows and highs off to protect the speakers. I replaced the HU in my 09 with a Pioneer 2300NEX and did all three speaker upgrades and I do not hear the wind with the top down at 70.

·
Registered
402 Posts
100% start off by getting a new, aftermarket head unit. The stock head unit doesn't put out nearly enough power so you're only getting like 50% of what your current speakers are capable of.

I replaced my head unit and now I can't turn up my speakers to full volume without it being too loud. They sound better too as I get more bass and whatnot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts