Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 91 yj and its all stock what should i do to get it ready for 4x4 offroad??? springs and shocks??

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Wheel it for a while and then decide what you want. No use doing a bunch of stuff that doesn't need to be done.

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Wheel it for a while and then decide what you want. No use doing a bunch of stuff that doesn't need to be done.
What he ^^^^^ said.

Otherwise, upgrade to Dana 60's, coilovers, ARBs, 42" tires, a chevy 350 and go to town!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wheel it stock or go with a mild lift 2.5" - 4".
Some decent MTs or good ATs will make a big differance. Most important is just have fun.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Look at it a lot and take pictures. So in a few years you can look back at them and remember when your jeep was simple and not complicated. :D :D :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
If your not sure...don't do anything. Research at places like WF and you will start to understand why things are done the way they are. This will help you avoid spending money and then wishing you'd have done it different!!

Learn from others mistakes!!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Go Big or Go Home!!!!:D

Just kidding take your time and build it to what level you want it to be for what ever you use it for.

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
My first jeep was a stock YJ. Didn't have any trouble going off road. Like they ^ said, just enjoy it the way it is, for now. You'll be suprised what it can do stock. :D

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Iquois is right on. Don't make any hasty decisions....do your research. When you have the means to make a modification you will know exactly what you want to do and it will be something that you can build on later. You don't want to start with inferior parts that will not work with your ultimate plans. Also, don't buy the cheap parts just to get it done, save your money and get the best parts you can find.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Dont listen to Canadianyjkid, I have had a body lift on 4 different vehicles, and never once, have I had a problem because of one. Its all in how you plan to wheel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts