Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am deciding between these 3 2.5 inch Rock Krawler lifts. Does the adjustable track bars and control arms give any benefit other than adjustability If alignment needs correction? I would think that the coil springs and shocks are what make the real difference but I am new to Jeeps and trying to learn what I can before my Rubicon gets here in 6 weeks.

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
alignment always needs correction.

you should know whether or not you will benefit from it by going off road.

so answer your own question with experience and don't rely on the forum gods to help you through this addiction.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,471 Posts
I would start at LEAST with the 2.5" Flex. Yes, the additon of the front lower control arms really help the on road feel. The stock mod leaves the castor not corrected and it gives a flighty type felling. Plus you also gain the longer stainless steel brake lines as well!

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions about these or any other lifts my friend! We would be more than happy to see what we can do to help.

-Jason

·
Registered
31 Posts
Question on Caster, .... I have the 2.5" Max travel (no bumper, no winch), and with the lower control arms set to the 23 1/8" (eye to eye right?), my caster is 6.5deg. Firestone's system says it should be between 3.4-5.4 (right, 3.2 to 5.2 on the left?).

Should I shorten my LCAs to get my caster down to 5.4? Is this because I don't have a bumper and winch?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts